I'm at a 14g and I have some questions.

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Brie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 pm

In advance, I apologize for this lengthy post.
I had my ears pierced since I was a baby. I had my mind set on stretching my ears for awhile now. I decided to buy a kit online from body jewelry source. bodyjewelrysource.com/body-jewelry/ear-gauge-sets-kits/ear-stretching-kit.html. So I started from a 16g regular piercing to a 14g. I have had my 14g done for almost a month now.

Now for my questions:

1. I have been wearing my 14g taper since the first day I stretched, only removing them to clean my ears. I've seen on here that you shouldn't leave your taper in. Does this mean only for larger sizes? Or should I not be wearing my taper? My ears seem completely healthy, never giving me discomfort. If I am not supposed to be wearing my taper, what should I be wearing? I cannot find plugs that are 14g.

2. My tapers are acrylic. Is this okay?

3. How long should I wait to size up to a 12g? I've heard a month, I've heard two, I've heard three, etc. My ears seem to be completely healed, but then again it's hard to tell since the hole is still so small.

4. Are you supposed to COMPLETELY remove the taper/plug in order to clean your ears the next day or next few days after stretching? I feel as if the constant taking in and out of the taper would cause scar tissue, but also I feel as if I don't remove them completely I am not properly cleaning them.

5. Because I removed my tapers for cleaning, my ears bled once they were removed for the first few days after stretching. I started with the smallest size I could, so I wasn't sure what was causing this?

6. I've been cleaning my ears/tapers everyday with Dial foaming anti-bacterial soap. Also, I've been using this bodyjewelrysource.com/piercing-supplies-kits/sanitary-supplies/holey-butt-r.html when I stretched to my 14g and sometimes after I clean them. Should I just use Vitamin E oil?

Sorry for all the questions. But I've heard multiple things from SO many of my friends who have stretched ears.

Thanks
Brie

by Haxor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Your worrying a little too much. 1. I would say after 3 days, you can take out the taper to clean it. It might be easier to put the soap on the taper then put it in. 2. Acrylic is what i used while stretching and i had no problems at all. 3. If your ears feel right then go ahead and put the 12g in. Everyones ears are different. 4. You dont have to take out the taper, just put soap around it and move it around. 5. Your ears might of have a microscopic cut on the inside. Dont worry, it will heal. 6. Use the soap to clean it and put the vitamin E on for massages. I would recommend putting vitamin E on before bed.
Haxor

by WindowLicker » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Haxor wrote:Your worrying a little too much. 1. I would say after 3 days, you can take out the taper to clean it. It might be easier to put the soap on the taper then put it in. 2. Acrylic is what i used while stretching and i had no problems at all. 3. If your ears feel right then go ahead and put the 12g in. Everyones ears are different. 4. You dont have to take out the taper, just put soap around it and move it around. 5. Your ears might of have a microscopic cut on the inside. Dont worry, it will heal. 6. Use the soap to clean it and put the vitamin E on for massages. I would recommend putting vitamin E on before bed.

Yes, you can probably take it out after three days, but you shouldn't be taking a taper our of your ear because you shouldn't be wearing a taper as jewerly. Tapers will screw your ears up. Acrylic is fine when stretching, but raises the risk of infection if worn in new stretches. Stainless steel or glass will work best, but acrylic is good if in a pinch. It doesn't matter if your ears FEEL right. It isn't about feeling, it's about being smart and giving your ears time to heal. Wait about a month between sizes. Rule of thumb, the longer you wait, the healthier your ears will look and the safer you will be from screwing something up.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by ViolentJayne » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I dont know why people worry about trying to find plugs at anything smaller than a 6 or 4 , I am not an expert stretcher and I am just now at 6 but from 16 to 10-8 i think stainless steel horse shoe bar or CBR is the easiest and best thing to use plus the extra weight of the stainless cbr as apposed to a light weaight plug will help your ears stretch / loosen naturally . and they are quite easy to clean . and easier to find than plugs in the small sizes :)
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion