how long should i wait!!

Discuss all things ear stretching

by socialdistortion » Wed May 11, 2011 6:26 pm

i was at a 2g and the went to 1/2 i took them out and it was bledding alot and swelled up how long should i wait untill i do it agian
socialdistortion

by raven_bm » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

I usually don't answer many questions on here but your name is just so amazing i will make an exception :P

Ok for one, you should NEVER do that again, you skipped like 4 sizes!
Just do some sea salt soaks and down size to at least a 4g, stay there and keep with the SSS for at least a few months till your ears are healed cuzz it sounds like you fucked them up pretty bad.
Once they are healed start stretching one size at a time, with at least a couple months in between. Hopefully your can save your lobes.
Goodluck!
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by WindowLicker » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 am

Just backing up what Raven said, Social Distortion is an awesome band and that's the only reason i decided to comment on this and all of wut he said is accurate. Stretching causes micro tears in your lobes, but that's not a problem at all as long as you're not skipping sizes...cause if you do those micro tears turn into big tears which result in bleeding, which then causes scar tissue which makes it way harder to stretch in the future. Also, skipping sizes like that puts you at risk for a blowout, so be smart about it. I wouldn't start stretching again for at least like 3 or 4 months. Leave at least a month to two months between each size.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by socialdistortion » Thu May 12, 2011 3:02 pm

thanks you guys you are really helpful when i get home from school i will try the sea salt soaks like raven said and see if it works my friend siad not to put in the 1/2 inch because i was only at a 2g but i did anyway because when i first started i was at a 14g and went to a 2g so i thought id be good but i guess not cause it tore but thanks for the help
socialdistortion

by socialdistortion » Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

WindowLicker wrote:Just backing up what Raven said, Social Distortion is an awesome band and that's the only reason i decided to comment on this and all of wut he said is accurate. Stretching causes micro tears in your lobes, but that's not a problem at all as long as you're not skipping sizes...cause if you do those micro tears turn into big tears which result in bleeding, which then causes scar tissue which makes it way harder to stretch in the future. Also, skipping sizes like that puts you at risk for a blowout, so be smart about it. I wouldn't start stretching again for at least like 3 or 4 months. Leave at least a month to two months between each size.

yeah i love social distortion have u ever went and seen them live i seen them twice at crocidile rock in allentown pa and the house of blues in atlantic city nj
socialdistortion

by Jonases1623 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:55 am

omfg! :o yikes thats freaking crazy! yeah i totally agree to what raven said! i wouldnt stretch up for a few months. let it heel rum some Emu oil on it a few times a day stuff works like magic no lie. it'll help to prevent you from getting cat butted looking ears or a crazy blow out... hope that helped and good luck <3
Plugs never Drugs
Jonases1623

by WindowLicker » Sat May 14, 2011 6:24 am

I think it's safe to say he's going to have cat butt. Going from a 14-2 would do that by itself.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by socialdistortion » Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm

no catbutt but my ears have healed to like a 4 now so i think they are doing good
socialdistortion

by socialdistortion » Mon May 28, 2012 2:08 am

well this topic is a little old but my ear is now at 9/16 and looks amazing and there is no sign that there was ever a problem
socialdistortion

by socialdistortion » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:56 pm

well just another follow up my ears look really good and are just below a inch using the taping method going to a inch
socialdistortion

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion