Starting to stretch

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Boffey » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:42 pm

The smallest tapers ive seen in shops are 1.6mm. I went straight to 2mm.
If youve had your lobe pierced for a long time anyway, my lobe was pierced at least 3 years before i stretched it, in theory, it would have stretched slightly over time anyway.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 am

It's usually not hard to dead-stretch to 16G with labret studs or something for most people; you don't always need tapers. And yeah, the hole can stretch itself over time. A lot of people who wore heavy earrings a lot before they started stretching can start at about a 12G, but if you have an 18G piercing hole it's really not okay to start at 12G.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Boffey wrote:in theory, it would have stretched slightly over time anyway.

That's true, but I had my lobes pierced when I was 18 months old and didn't start stretching until I was 18, and I still had to stretch up to 1.6mm. So I wouldn't suggest everyone jump straight to 2mm.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by cymlee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 am

Hi all,

So I recently have been looking into stretching my ears. I'm not sure where I should start though. I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby. I've read through the replies so far and from what I'm understanding, it's best to not skip any sizes and start at 16 gauge if you already have a standard ear piercing. Where do you find a 16 gauge taper? I've been looking all over and even though I've found some kits, all of them start at 14 gauge. Any suggestions?

Thanks
cymlee

by leighmarie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 am

If you were pierced by needles then it's likely to already be at 16, and if you were gunned, the same as me, it's likely to have stretched over time anyway and my first stretch was 14.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion