other then e oil?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by SusiMarie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:09 am

so.. weird thing about me is ive just found out im 99% that im allergic to vitamin e oil when its straight up, makes my ears all red gross puffy and leaky.. like this.. Image
Gross red ring where my o ring sits... aANDD

Disgustingly thick so much it makes it look like ive blown out :(
I waited like 3 months and i shower before stetching they were fine until this morning, i put e oil on them last night.
My plugs are clean, accrylic hasnt ever given me isssues before ive used it the whole time ive been stretching, i clean it every day. Im pretty sure its the oil.

if any one has another idea as to why my ears are this gross please share other wise..
any one have any suggestions as to what to use other then vitamin e oil?? i can use small amounts like there is in the jojoba oil in holey butt'r but other wise grossness.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:35 pm

What material are your plugs? Also, because the irritation seems to be right at your o-rings, you might actually be having a reaction to them. It's not uncommon that people react to the o-rings on their jewelry. Mine irritate my ears if they are touching to a great degree.

Try taking the o-rings off and see if the irritation stems. Also, you are at a large enough size you might get some benefit from sleeping with your jewelry out, which could also help.

Anyway, you can use jojoba oil or olive oil as alternatives to vitamin e oil. Olive oil is lower on the list just because it can clog pores a bit more. Just use the lightest-colored, last pressing, preferably filtered, so you get as few solids as possible.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by SusiMarie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 pm

my ears are so gross that taking my o rings off will let my plugs slide out because they have so much lymph. its really gross. the O rings stop the lymph from spreading so it cakes up around them and makes the red you see.

but ill try with no o rings for the rest of today and seeif it gets better.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by ast.riske » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 pm

That sounds pretty bad. You should downsize and let them heal IMHO. What are your plugs made of? They look like they are acrylic.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by ViolentJayne » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm

maybe after the oil massages blot most of the extra oil off .. and I agree with wearing the o ring looser or no o ring plugs .. good luck .. and I would try some other oils and see what works best also id try them on a different area of your body than the lobe first so your lobe doesnt get more irritated
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by SusiMarie » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:58 am

they are accryllic, im going to order some steel ones i guess.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by ast.riske » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Ah. That may be part of the problem. The acrylic may be irritating your ears as well and/or they may be trapping the oil against your skin since the are porous. Try washing the plugs with a gentle soap and discontinue the oil use altogether to help pinpoint the problem.

Best of luck!
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by DeluxeCameronOdom » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 am

Another oil you may want to try is Emu oil. I love the stuff, makes my lobes feel awesome, never caused irritation. It appears that your right ear has started to blowout though, so I would also suggest downsizing.
Cameron Odom
Body Piercer at Deluxe Tattoo Shop

Earlobes scalpeled from nothing to 00g
-Goal size 4"
Nostrils punched at 0g
-Downsized to 16g
Septum pierced at 14g
Subdermal Implant in left forearm
Retired: Medusa, Lip(x2), Helix
DeluxeCameronOdom

by greeneyedbabe€ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:48 am

I have never had an issue with acrylic but the first time I ever tried jojoba oil it was a nightmare, my lobes looked similar to that and anywhere my hands touched after I massaged my lobes broke out in an itchy rash, my neck, face and even the backs of my hands broke out, my doc said it was an allergic reaction/skin allergy. I then invested in some emu oil and hadn't bought anything else since. I love my emu oil, its great, I haven't noticed any gunky nastyness, dryness or smell since I started using it......but everyone has their own preference and opinions, you just gotta find what works for you
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by DevilsRejects » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 am

I use Watkin's Petro-Carbo salve and my ears heal great!
are we human?
DevilsRejects

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion