Piercing not centered, but I've already started stretching

Discuss all things ear stretching

by PigsOnTheWing » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 am

Hi- I'm new to this forum, but I have recently started stretching my ears. (They're at 8g) They have been pierced for about 2 years, and they were done with a needle at a professional tattoo/piercing parlor. However, they are not even when looking at them from the front. This isn't my main concern though, my main concern is how far back it is pierced on my left ear. My right ear is not this far back or high up. I was wondering how bad you think it looks, and whether you guys think it'll look more centered when I size up more, or if I should go for the scalpelling, which I don't know much about. Thanks!
picture:
PigsOnTheWing

by Nic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

your picture link doesnt work lol
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by PigsOnTheWing » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:03 pm

haha it should work, it just took a few seconds to appear on the page for me, this might work:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... 6-05-1.jpg
PigsOnTheWing

by Tom » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I see what you mean..
I wouldn't scalpel, your ears might center up when you get to the bigger sizes

not sure tho
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:58 pm

depends how big your going? like 1inch &itll robly look centerd but it might stick out more then usualy, so idk.
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 am

If you're really unhappy with the placement you could consider taking it out and seeing if it heals up, then getting it repierced. You can get pierced with 8G needles if you want to pick up where you left off (wait 6 months before stretching again, though). Scalpelling could definitely fix the problem but I think it's illegal in some places in the US so it may be difficult to find a decent shop willing to do it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PigsOnTheWing » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the input, I'm pretty impatient so I just stretched anyway which was probably a terrible idea, but let me know what you think. I'm at 7/16 and I was hoping it would center a bit, which it kind of has, but I'm pretty concerned that it's becoming too thin towards the back, and this is becoming a concern for me. I may consider scalpelling, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it now.
PigsOnTheWing

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 am

You were at 8G two months ago and now you're at 7/16"? It's probably getting thin because you're stretching way too fast.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PigsOnTheWing » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I don't think so because my right ear (the one that is centered properly) isn't thinning out at all.
PigsOnTheWing

by Hardware » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 am

Pigsonthewing... you should really take your time with stretching. I suggest you click and read the 'Ear stretching, everything you need to know' section.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion