So is the ear stretching process supposed to hurt or not?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by WineHouse » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:52 am

Hello
I have had my ears pierced ever since i 9 years old. I recently decided that i want to stretch my ears. How should i go about this? i have a normal ear piercing size, i think its 18G. Im also wondering if ear stretching hurts? It seems like it hella does but i wanted to hear what other people thought..
WineHouse

by skylorlambert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:09 am

I have much experience in this, and yes it does hurt. It takes time though to go through the process of stretching your ears, like many things do. What you want to do when you start out get a 14g taper, which looks like so:
What you want to do is take the taper and lube it up with something either it be any type of sexual lubricant, or anything that would make the taper go in easier, even if it's petroleum jelly. You just take the taper, and place the lube on it, then proceed to push the taper through your ear till your at the very end, once you do so be sure to put the O rings on to keep it in place. Keep those tapers in your ears for a couple of weeks till your ears are completely healed up, then proceed to go up sizes. When you get to bigger sizes I suggest not keeping your tapers in and end up just putting a plug in place once you stretch up because it can cause your ears to form weird if you keep tapers in at a bigger size. If you have any questions or anything of the sort just ask me and I would be glad to further help! HAPPY STRETCHING!
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by nikcycakes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 pm

I would think its supposed to hurt. Why would it not hurt, your stretching your skin!
nikcycakes

by Tom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:29 am

oh it hurts!
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by hondachick609 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:15 am

yeah it hurts but not to much and it depends on size
hondachick609

by skylorlambert » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:41 am

Yep, yep. Good answer Alyssa.
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by need_plugz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

It definitely hurts but it should not bleed or anything like that. If your ears bleed, you're doing something wrong!
need_plugz

by eargaugeenthusiast » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 am

it doesnt hurt all that bad..it all depends on ur pain tolerence and the size ur going to..some sizes hurt worse than others.
eargaugeenthusiast

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Ideally, it shouldn't hurt if you wait for your ears to loosen up between sizes. A lot of people think of stretching as creating a wound in your ear, waiting for it to heal, and creating another wound. However, the best way to think of it is slightly increasing the size, leaving it until it's truly ready for the next size, and increasing it again. There should never be any tearing or bleeding if you're waiting the right amount of time between sizes, so it should never be too painful. Some will say that it's not supposed to hurt at all, but I've felt a slight sting with the stretches I've done so far. To sum it up, the more patient you are the less it hurts.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Liquidx » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:29 pm

:o Oh yeah it hurts.... lol I've even made the mistake of going down 2 sizes in 1 week, Yeeaaahhhh blood galore. So be Careful!!!
I hate you all <3
Liquidx

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion