Discuss all things ear stretching

by chrissheppard49 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Is this possible and safe??

*Yes I know there is a risk of blowouts but still want to know*

Any one else done this??
chrissheppard49

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 1:52 am

That's an awful idea.
You should only stretch 1mm at a time (yes, even go to 7mm/1G even though jewelry is a little more rare in that size) and wait 6 weeks between each size. It should take you about six months to stretch from 4-8mm... It's much better to be safe than have blowouts and tears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Mon May 03, 2010 2:35 am

At those baby size I stretched them 1 mm per week... so yes, you can do it. It's possible, and I didnt had any blowouts.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:That's an awful idea.
You should only stretch 1mm at a time (yes, even go to 7mm/1G even though jewelry is a little more rare in that size) and wait 6 weeks between each size. It should take you about six months to stretch from 4-8mm... It's much better to be safe than have blowouts and tears.

Agreed!

Skipping sizes and not waiting properly in between isn't safe. Yes, for some people it does work out okay, but it really isn't worth the risk.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 7:39 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:At those baby size I stretched them 1 mm per week... so yes, you can do it. It's possible, and I didnt had any blowouts.

Just because you had no blowouts doesn't mean other people can or should do the same thing. You stretched way too fast and you're REALLY lucky that you had no problems. If you're going to give people advice, tell them what they SHOULD do rather than what you did. You're not the queen of stretching just because you have big lobes. I've probably been stretching longer than you and I'm still at a pretty small size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:
magalo le matelot wrote:At those baby size I stretched them 1 mm per week... so yes, you can do it. It's possible, and I didnt had any blowouts.

Just because you had no blowouts doesn't mean other people can or should do the same thing. You stretched way too fast and you're REALLY lucky that you had no problems. If you're going to give people advice, tell them what they SHOULD do rather than what you did. You're not the queen of stretching just because you have big lobes. I've probably been stretching longer than you and I'm still at a pretty small size.

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Tue May 04, 2010 10:18 pm

I didnt say that he/she have to do it, he/she was asking if this was possible, and it is.

And I DON'T have big lobes, i'm just at 7/8.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Boffey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:37 am

I stretched 1mm a week untill 6mm, then did 2mm in 2 weeks to 8mm. So you can do it in about a month. I think my ears stretch easily because ive never had any real problems.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by brutalSKITTLES » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Its possible, but itll probably suck for your ears, say hello to catbutt xD &if you REALY do this, use cation, if your ear bleeds you should down size or else it will take wayyyyyyy longer to heal, if you downsize then go back up your ears will be healed and heathery then if you didn't.
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 pm

brutalSKITTLES wrote:Its possible, but it'll probably suck for your ears

Agreed!
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist: