stretching forum for older ppl?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 pm

I agree with the others; most of us are pretty young on this forum but we're welcoming of people of all ages! I've always gotten along with people older than me anyway. I'm about to turn 21 but to be honest I usually act like an old lady, haha. I think it's pretty awesome that someone outside of my generation is into stretching since most people in their 30s, 40s, etc. think it's gross or weird. My mom is 50 and she has never even noticed my lobes but I've heard her say "why in the world would someone do that?" about other people with big lobes, so it's good to see someone who's more open-minded.

Good luck with your stretching!!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:20 am

I think i posted about something similar to this a little bit back. I just turned 34 and i started stretching in the beginning of last year. I haven't found any sites out there that cater to people of any particular age.

I think that some modifications have a longer history in western culture and as new takes on modifications as well as totally new mods generally get accepted by younger people first. Since stretching only started in a few subcultures a couple decades ago, it is just starting to make its way to a mainstream audience.

I know people in their 20s who still say they think of tribespeople when they see stretched lobes. With that in mind, unlike tattoo which has been popular for much longer, stretched piercings will be popular in older crowds as the younger people who are doing it now get older.

I don't know if any of that is particularly insightful, but it's the best i have for as sleepy as i am. :-)
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by firebutterfly » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks Nicole, Corazon, and ast.riske I appreciate your wise words :) I appreciate all that you guys have said :)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by Nicole143 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am

You are most welcome :D
"No pictorial or sculptural combinations of points of human loveliness, do more than approach the living and breathing human beauty as it gladdens our daily path. "
Nicole143

by teaspooner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:25 am

Hey "oldies". I've never actually posted in the forum before (although I've been reading it for months) partly because I always felt old. I'm only 31!
Maybe it would be good to actually start discussing why people over 28y/o (for example) feel this way and if there are actually ANY differences in our ear stretching/body mod experiences if we're not part of Gen Y.
Out of interest, I started getting tattooed at age 27 and now have a left arm half sleeve, a dotwork sock up to my knee plus two other small tattoos. My ears are currently at 0 gauge and I'm waiting on some 00's to be posted to me.
After my first ear piercing at age 15, I went on to have another 12 or so ear piercings, a double eyebrow (late 90's!) and started stretching about 6 months ago from 10 gauge orbitals in both lobes that were there for nearly ten years.

I'd be happy to talk to older people and younger people about my experiences as a somewhat late-to-start body modifier.

It;s nice to know there are a few of us who don't need our parents permission or peer approval on this forum. Not that everyone in here does even if they are, say, under 22y/o. They are just common themes I read about in posts from younger contributors.
teaspooner

by AussieGurl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am

32 here and just started stretching :)
8mm/0G Both lobes
AussieGurl

by Jingle Bells » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi all and mostly to the OP....... I out strip you all by a long shot hahahaha 44yrs old and nearly at 00g :D Both arms sleeved and away to start on my right leg, bright pink hair also. Body mods are beautiful and set you aside from the peeps whom wish not to decorate their bodies.I don't ever give peeps a hard time about having no piercings nor tatts, each one to their own I say :D

I look at my body as being a live canvas...something express my life on....Body mods has no age restriction.......

Jingle Belllllssss xxx
Jingle Bells

by firebutterfly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond! And Jingle Bells...your awesome :)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by mstalons64 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am

LOL, I'm ahem ....Choke 47 years old and stretching. I don't care. My family thinks I'm insane but my friends all expect it from me. I pierced my nose myself in the early 80's and got total shit from people since nobody had it back then like now. I wish it was as popular back then Or maybe I don't I'd never be employed!
mstalons64

by firebutterfly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Msstalons....no need to choke when u say your age....THAT IS AWESOME!!! I think it is bad ass your stretching!!! I get a lot of eye rolls from my fam...lol...but I don't care either! My daughter is 110% behind me and that is ALL I care about :) I love seeing all these posts coming! Yay!!!!!!
firebutterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion