is it safe to bounce between sizes ?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by ViolentJayne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi everyone

ok so here is the deal .. I hadnt planned on stretching past 4 ga and I have tons of 4 ga jewelry .. but the one piece of jewelry Ive been lusting over only comes in 2 ga and above so having been at 4 ga for like 8 moths I was playing around trying to get these double flares in which was a fail ( huge flares probably at least a 7mm flare ugh ) but my ear seemed really loose so just to see I slid in a 2 ga taper and surprisingly it slid in with room to spare .. so my question is if I get the 2 ga liquid spiralshttp://www.bodyartforms.com/prod ... uctID=3342 would it be safe to wear them just once in a while but mainly keep to my 4 ga collection ... my reason being if you can put 2 ga flare into your 4 ga hole then couldnt you also go back and forth between 2 ga and 4 ga ??? right now I have in 4 ga just to be clear

what do you guys think .. would it cause irritation ? and since the spirals are heavy should I maybe wear a 2 ga single flare plug the day before I wear the spirals just to loosen it up .. and then or course I wouldnt sleep in the glass I would put my 4 ga back in and not wear the spirals again for a week or so .. would this be safe ?
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:59 am

It's totally fine to switch between sizes if your ears are comfortable with the bigger size. Especially since you've been at your size for so long.

I'm going back and forth between 9mm, 9.5mm and 10mm now since 00G is such a weird size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nicole143 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 am

I also have been switching between sizes 7/16 & 1/2 I can't wear double flares in 1/2 yet but I can to all others which is great bc my bf bought awesome brass knuckle screw tunnels but in a 1/2 bc its the smallest size they had them in, so I switch between. I am quite happy being able to which bc I have a bigger variety of jewelry!!! Oh and I hadn't had any issues with irratation so far and been doing it for a couple weeks now, I just keep my lobe routine the same, washing massages and gradually lengthening my nakey lobe time!! I hope in the next coupld months to be able to sleep with naked lobes to keep them from self stretching anymore. I wanna stay at this size!!
"No pictorial or sculptural combinations of points of human loveliness, do more than approach the living and breathing human beauty as it gladdens our daily path. "
Nicole143

by ViolentJayne » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks for the info girls , I just ordered a basic set of 2 ga's to test out how My ears react to the going back on forth before I spend the 50+ $ on the liquid filled
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion