Does stretching really doesn't hurts at all?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by stashapistachio » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 am

Crumbles?
Like...how? What oil were you using? Odd..

Sometimes it scrunches up. But that generally just means you wait a day or so, and it'll suddenly work. You can kind of overlap around the sides/fronts/whatever you call them/the bit that isn't the wearable!, and then insert the plug from the back, which looks a bit odd. But it tends to stay on a bit better

Vaseline isn't great stuff to use.. but nvm.
stashapistachio

by TOFU » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:11 am

stashapistachio wrote:Crumbles?
Like...how? What oil were you using? Odd..

Sometimes it scrunches up. But that generally just means you wait a day or so, and it'll suddenly work. You can kind of overlap around the sides/fronts/whatever you call them/the bit that isn't the wearable!, and then insert the plug from the back, which looks a bit odd. But it tends to stay on a bit better

Vaseline isn't great stuff to use.. but nvm.

Im using olive oil. It's like, the PTFE tape will be too "soft" till the extend that when i put in the plug, then PTFE tape will get push out.

Well, no choice. It's hard to get emu oil/jojoba oil in my area ):
Vaseline is the best bet. And it works kinda well so far :D

Just did another 5 wraps :D
TOFU

by stashapistachio » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am

Its scrunching up and sliding off? Just be patient, clean them off, and try again the next day. Wrap a little tighter.
I thought by crumbling you meant.. cracking into tiny pieces or something :)

Olive oil is preferable to vaseline, it clogs skin up something horrid, can't be absorbed and is generally annoying.
Water based sex lube is good. And oils can normally be found in health food/those strange shops full of 'well-being' pills & vitamins. Or pharmacies. Bio-oil works too, but can be kinda expensive.
stashapistachio

by TOFU » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am

Yeap thanks :D

Well, i think i've wrapped till it reaches 0g now. However when i took out the plug with the PTFE, i tried to insert the 0g tunnel but unable to get in ): Im quite confident that it's 0g already cause when i tried to inside the PTFE taped plug in the 0g tunnel, it is unable to go through. So yea.

Any advices? :D
TOFU

by stashapistachio » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:15 pm

I'd keep going with the tape a little more, just to be sure. Doesn't matter if it overflows or anything.

Calipers/micrometers are really useful :)
stashapistachio

by TOFU » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Yea, i got the 8mm tunnel in already. But realize my actual hole is actually bigger then 8mm. So i insert back the PTFE plug. Well, guess imma let it rest at 10mm.
How do you know if you're adding tapes too fast? Cause to me, there's no pain or swelling, not at all. So im adding around 3-5 rounds every one or two day(s)
TOFU

by Nic » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:34 pm

lol first it said 8-6g and now ur at 0g. Thats tight. Ummm it is hard to say how much tape is to much per day or watever cuz everyone is different. I personally think that 1-2 per day is fine. I use electrical tape tho so i add a few layers every couple days cuz of how thick the tape is.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by TOFU » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:26 am

Yea, i thought i wasn't at 0g at all.

Anyway, how does a catbutt effect looks like? Is it when you remove your plug and your hole isn't in a circular shape? :D
TOFU

by leighmarie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 am

I posted a topic on it recently, take a look at that :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 pm

TOFU wrote:How do you know if you're adding tapes too fast? Cause to me, there's no pain or swelling, not at all. So im adding around 3-5 rounds every one or two day(s)

Everyone's different, but 3-5 sounds like a lot, especially every day. Are you taking a break between sizes? If not, it sounds like you're doing the same thing this girl did: http://news.bmezine.com/2007/05/04/ear- ... -disaster/
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion