Please Help Me

Discuss all things ear stretching

by oOGONEROo » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am

Hello people well let me start off by saying that i really find this site helpful , of course by various of members .

So i was hoping someone on this site can help me with my issue .

Okay so basically i do not know exactly whats my size for my "gauges" , and i do not know if they are in the right placement :(

I was hoping someone can tell me or give me a clue on what they are .

Below ill post 4 different images , with and without my plugs .

And also two extra images showing a pair of tapers that i believe are 00G or 7/18 not really sure but i had them on before i put on the black plugs , but then again i think the plugs i have on are a bit smaller than the tapers i had on before .

so if you can please look at them and let me know what size you think they are and if they are in somewhat the correct placement , my goal is too reach 5/8 or larger , like 7/8 , without "ripping" , you can say that , my ear .

Right Ear
----------

Left Ear
---------

Tapers i had on before :
-------------------------
What size are they?

* Sorry if pics are a bit off , i guess they came out too big .

Ok so are they in somewhat a good placement ? What size are my plugs ? What size are my tapers ? Im a bit confused and a bit annoying with these question but i hope someone can help me , but than again i only want to be safe and well take of my ears (:

So please help me & correct me (:

What i believe is that im at 00G , im not sure

Any advice ?

Well thanks for your time and i do hope someone responds :mrgreen:
oOGONEROo

by corazon_de_oro » Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Hmmm... the plugs look smaller than the tapers to me but I think that's just my eyes playing tricks on me... I'd say you're right, they look about 7/16". MAYBE 00G but they look a tiny bit bigger than my lobes so 7/16" makes more sense.

Do you have a ruler with millimeters or anything? If you can measure them, 9mm-10mm is 00G and 11mm is 7/16". You might even be able to find a picture of a millimeter ruler online so you can hold your plugs/tapers up to the computer screen and get a pretty good estimate.

The placement of your piercings looks good but your left lobe looks a little bit thin at the bottom. You could try downsizing and doing some massages with emu oil to strengthen/thicken them a little. Also, never wear tapers as jewelry because they can put pressure on your lobes/weigh them down so thinning is even more likely.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by mouse2cat » Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 pm

A lot of times when you order online they offer a free size card with your plugs. I have found that very helpful. You can also get cheap calipers which are very good if you start taping to a new size.
mouse2cat

by oOGONEROo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:Hmmm... the plugs look smaller than the tapers to me but I think that's just my eyes playing tricks on me... I'd say you're right, they look about 7/16". MAYBE 00G but they look a tiny bit bigger than my lobes so 7/16" makes more sense.

Do you have a ruler with millimeters or anything? If you can measure them, 9mm-10mm is 00G and 11mm is 7/16". You might even be able to find a picture of a millimeter ruler online so you can hold your plugs/tapers up to the computer screen and get a pretty good estimate.

The placement of your piercings looks good but your left lobe looks a little bit thin at the bottom. You could try downsizing and doing some massages with emu oil to strengthen/thicken them a little. Also, never wear tapers as jewelry because they can put pressure on your lobes/weigh them down so thinning is even more likely.

Thank youu appreciate it olot {:
oOGONEROo

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion