Going from an 8g to a 6g

Discuss all things ear stretching

by shannytaygans » Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 am

So I started stretching a while ago and I'm ready to move up to a 6g but my ears literally will not stretch. I've been an 8 for about 6 weeks and I know I'm fully healed.
I took a really hot shower, massaged my lobes, and afterward I put some Holey Buttr on my ears, massaged for a little more and then put a little on my tapers and it won't push through.
Are there any other techniques I should try?
20. Michigan
Have:
Navel
Tattoos
8g (goal is a 00g)
Nostril
Want:
Tongue
Industrial
More Tattoos :p
shannytaygans

by corazon_de_oro » Fri May 11, 2012 4:12 am

All you can do is wait longer. 6 weeks is really the minimum amount of time you should wait between sizes, and it's not uncommon to need longer for your ears to loosen up. That's especially common with the 6G stretch, which is quite a big jump. I think I had to wait almost three months between 8G and 6G.

Stretching really isn't about wounds that need to heal, it's about your ears loosening up enough to accommodate the next size. Sometimes it'll happen quickly, sometimes you'll have to wait extra time. They'll be ready eventually, just be patient!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by shannytaygans » Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks a lot! That really helps. It sucks cause I wanna eventually make it to a 00g but, I don't wanna mess my ears up either.
20. Michigan
Have:
Navel
Tattoos
8g (goal is a 00g)
Nostril
Want:
Tongue
Industrial
More Tattoos :p
shannytaygans

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion