Looking down on smaller sizes...

Discuss all things ear stretching

by leighmarie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 am

magalo le matelot wrote:You don't have knowledge if you do everything like its supposed to...

Per example: If you walk down a road, following the right path and be secure (I dont know if its the right word hm), you won't have as much experience as someone that runned all the way in the jungle, falling on the ground many times, etc...
Dont know if its clear haha.

I'd rather walk the right path than get myself lost in the jungle somewhere personally.

Ignoring tried and tested stretching advice is like ignoring a map. Yes, you may stumble across a short cut and get there yourself, but you also could cock up, get lost and have to start over. And I'm the sort of person who'd rather follow the map and know I'm going the right way, just in case.

corazon_de_oro wrote:Ear stretching is something that can be researched; I've read about/had friends who've had stretching problems so I don't do what they did. Instead, I take the advice of people with happy, healthy lobes and I follow it. Then, I pass it on. Just beause I haven't stretched badly doesn't mean I can't tell people not to. I've never lit a match and poured gasoline on it; does that mean I can't tell someone not to do that either?

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

leighmarie wrote:I'd rather walk the right path than get myself lost in the jungle somewhere personally.

Agreed, especially when you're dealing with something like your ears that you're going to have FOREVER.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah I didnt say you SHOULD walk in 'the jungle', I said that someone that did it give probably advices that are trustful. And FYI I'm not lost... I have pretty healthy thick lobes... so thats it.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Yes, if they then said, "I was stupid, I got lost in the jungle. Don't do it." Then I would consider them someone who gave good advice.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 pm

I've been lost but I have found my way back pretty easily.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Which is fair enough.

And you're right in what you've been saying, people who've made mistakes with their ears SHOULD give good advice because they can tell you what to avoid. But you're NOT telling people what to avoid, you're telling them you did it so they should too.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion