Unusual situation (w/pic), story

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Evlesoa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:47 am

Okay, so... I'd like to get your opinion on this situation.

Let me tell you about my foolishness first, and then please tell me what you think.

So here's the deal: I had my ears "gauged" (dermal punched) at 4g and 2g respectively (my piercer said it's OK even if wanting to stretch). I downsized the same day to 4g, thinking I will never stretch my ears. After one month, my ears felt "fully" healed. Although this was not true, because they felt a teeny bit sore. Now, it has been 4 months since I've had them punched. About 2 weeks ago, I said to myself: I'm not in America, so I might as well do some crazy shit with my ears. I already have 15 piercings total (7 on each ear + septum), let me go ahead and stretch them some.

Before all of this though, I tried to wear some "4g" (supposedly) jewelry. I gotta tell you, it felt a bit uncomfortable to put them in. It seems that this 4g (which I tried to put on 2 months after being DP'd) actually was a 2g and stung a little when putting it in. After some time, I took the 2g out (I didn't know it was 2g until a month later) and just kept the 4g in.

Now I'm in Asia and I wore the 2-gauge jewelry for probably 3 or 4 days. Foolishly enough, I tried to put in a 0g taper. I thought tapers are good. Bad stuff happened: my ear hurt quite a lot but no bleeding. I left it in for maybe... an hour and said fuck it: I'm taking this shit out. It hurt MORE to take it out than to put it in. I gave my ears rest. After that incident, I just slept without my plugs for about a week in order to try to restore the damage done.

And now, going up to date: I've been using this super slippery PTFE tape that I bought here in Asia. It's SO slippery that it requires no lube (it's also expensive, and apparently much thicker than normal PTFE tape, which is also something I wasn't aware of). I don't know what it is, but here's what I did: I wrapped up 3 layers the first day. 2 layers the second day, waited 2 days, wrapped up another 2 layers and waited a day, and that brought me up to 0g within one week. Unbelievable, isn't it?

No blood, no pain, no thinning of the ear. I have not had to force in anything, other than to "move around" a little in order to fit it in. I can say generally speaking, there has been absolutely no discomfort whatsoever. Mind you, I always massage my ears twice a day and take plugs out about 30 mins a day. So far, everything is very healthy. I plan to keep these plugs for 2 weeks before going up to the next size. At 2 weeks, I will sleep without them in order to let them heal some more and then stretch away.

I know someone will call me an idiot, but I'm just not so sure about "guidelines" on stretching too fast. Perhaps at larger sizes this is an issue, but in my experience, no problems. I listen to my body, and I'm having no complaints here. The 0g right now slides in and out with such ease, a toddler could do it. I'm noticing my ears do need a rest, but in terms of thickness, I see no difference either (before stretching, and after). I've been comparing my thickness with pictures every day and nothing is out of the ordinary. I know the ear's memory hasn't "settled" yet, but that's okay. I believe once I reach my ideal size, I will be a happy camper and be able to heal my ears to perfection at that point.

Also, I know dermal punching isn't good, but my piercer dermal punched her ears at 00g from the start, and was still able to achieve 000g within 6 months of doing so. She has been piercing for the last 10 years she said.

I do have a question for everyone though: how in the world can anyone say, "You must wait X amount of months between sizes." I think this is personally absurd. As long as you see no change in your ears, how are you damaging them? Perhaps not? Collagen tends to regenerate quite quickly from what I've read, so I don't know what "scientific" basis there is for how fast one can stretch. Ears are naturally elastic, and that makes me wonder why people say you cause your ears to tear. If that's true, then every time someone touches your ear and tugs on it even if you've never had a piercing, you're damaging your ear. Not very plausible if you ask me. And I'll say it again: I have no blood. I have no pain. I have no swelling. I have no thinning. I have nothing.

Let me know what you guys think, haha.
P.S. This tape is fucking awesome. Doesn't absorb moisture, slides as if it's ice, and has no adhesives. One roll costs about $3, with each roll being 10mm thick (I'm going to guess it's enough to stretch to 60mm). It's a custom PTFE tape that I've never seen anywhere in stores (I bought it online, locally).

Pics:

Evlesoa

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Well first off I wanna answer this question for you :

"I do have a question for everyone though: how in the world can anyone say, "You must wait X amount of months between sizes." I think this is personally absurd. As long as you see no change in your ears, how are you damaging them?"

Its because we are all humans and Physics applies to us all the same . Yes people can heal at various speeds there are factors to consider . One person My have a damaged or slow immune system and may heal a bit slower and some other person may have a very healthy diet and lifestyle and may heal a bit faster ....BUT Basic healing times are within a few days maybe a week ( that's why most guide lines say 6-8 weeks , giving you a bit of leeway ) but that's about as big as the differences get , For example its not like one person can break a leg and it takes 6 or 8 weeks to heal in a cast , but someone else can just wear the cast for 2 days and it heals .. Doesn't that make since ?

yes you may be able to stretch ( safely ) at 6 weeks when some else must wait 7 or 8 weeks ... But to say you can stretch safely after 1 week , just isn't the case . It may seem like you are OK but from your info its clear you are not .. you didn't wait the right amount of time to even start stretching .. And now you are pushing it .. You say your ears have been sore - and they shouldn't be sore when stretching ay all ....and The damage dosent show up right away . Thinning usually shows up a few years after you do the damage ( your ears may also seem thick now Because they are swollen ) and I don't mean red pus nasty swollen I mean deep inner tissues still swollen ...

Im not trying to be rude but this is the most foolish thing I hear about ear stretching " I believe once I reach my ideal size, I will be a happy camper and be able to heal my ears to perfection at that point. "

NO NO NO you can not just damage something and then expect to heal it to perfection at your goal size .. its not like a diabetic can let their foot rot off then just grow it back . and you will not be able to magically regenerate your lobes once you get to your goal - its just Doesn't work like that

PLEASE please read this post if has so much more info and explains so much about collagen and lobe thinning

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1726
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Damn thanks voilentjane me n lindsey been tryin to get him to realize he is wrong on another thread
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:20 pm

bradykay90 wrote:Damn thanks voilentjane me n lindsey been tryin to get him to realize he is wrong on another thread

No prob ... Im not trying to be rude or judgey I just hate seeing people mess up there ears - and I wish people would understand that healing a lobe is the same as healing anything else and needs time . people who think their ears can "heal" so much faster than any other human on earth , need to take a course or do some research on the basics of health , healing , and the human body in general

and people assuming they can "fix " the damage after they reach their " goal " just drives Me nuts ! We arent worms we cant just destroy a part of our body and regenerate it at will ... if rubbing in a little oil made you grow thicker lobes and gain extra tissue your body didnt start with ..Id be lubing up My boobs with emu oil all day long ! lol

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Just to add to what has already been said... Dermal punches are NOT for lobes! It's fine for cartilage and things that are difficult to stretch on their own but with soft tissue like lobes there's no need for it, especially when they make large gauge needles that don't remove tissue. If I were you I would find a different piercer... even if she had been piercing for 50 years I wouldn't trust anyone who punches lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 am

Maybe all 3 of use can get him to realize
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by Evlesoa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 am

Alright alright. Then I shall make the experiment: if I screw up the stretching process, I will be the first one to know, first-hand. I shall get back to you all in a few months. Besides, if it's really that bad, I'll just go to the doc and get them repaired if need be :)
Evlesoa

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 am

Well, if you're willing to go through the pain and spend the money to have them reconstructed, good luck to you. Just remember that you could take our advice and not have to risk all that.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Evlesoa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 am

Yeah, I know. I'd just like to see what happens. I don't mean to shit on your advice, I would just like to get my own experience from it. If it fails, I will most certainly follow all the advice I have been given. Thanks for the help, though! Really, I do thank you.
Evlesoa

by ViolentJayne » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Evlesoa wrote:Yeah, I know. I'd just like to see what happens. I don't mean to shit on your advice, I would just like to get my own experience from it. If it fails, I will most certainly follow all the advice I have been given. Thanks for the help, though! Really, I do thank you.

You are missing the point of what we are saying ... if you try it and it fails - then it will be to late to take our advice . The advise we are giving is preventative ..

Good luck and I hope the risk works out for you .... just please understand that once the damage is done there is really no sure way to " fix" it ... even with surgery you wont end up with a "normal " looking lobe ever again

just curious , what is your long term goal ? are you just wanting stretched ears for like a few months or do you wanna have stretched ears in the future too ?

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion