Urgent help. Stretching with spirals.

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Dems » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Ghellooo everyone!

Soo I'm currently at a 8g (3.2mm) and I have spirals sized at 4mm. So I was wondering if I can stretch with the spirals, say over a weekend, and then just replace them with 4mm plugs after the weekend?

Any tips on spirals will be appriciated ;)
1.6mm tonguering
bellyring
Currently 6g ears
1 tattoo
Dems

by Dowa2bp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Depends How Long Have You Been At 8g? :D
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by Dems » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh goodness, probably about 2 to 3 weeks? But my ears heal super fast and had no problems with them in the past? :D
1.6mm tonguering
bellyring
Currently 6g ears
1 tattoo
Dems

by Dowa2bp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Dems wrote:Oh goodness, probably about 2 to 3 weeks? But my ears heal super fast and had no problems with them in the past? :D

Hmmm... From That I Would Say You Should Wait Another 2 Weeks To A Month (Doubt You'll Will XD) Cause When I Stretched From 6g(4mm) To 4g(5mm) I Felt Slight Pain, (Nothing That Would Make Me Wanna Destroy Everything In My Path But I Did Notice There Was A Slight Sting) And Let Me Remind You I Too Am A Fast Healer And NEVER FELT PAIN While Stretching Before. Unfortunately I Waited Only About 3 Weeks And Thought I Was Good To Go, Luckily The Stinging Only Lasted For Like 10 Seconds.

Point Is Idk How Your Ears Will Work, And Not To Brag But If They Don't Heal Like Mine (Which Thankfully Have Had No Problems Yet) You Should Still Give Them Another 2 Weeks AT Least :D
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Dems wrote:Oh goodness, probably about 2 to 3 weeks? But my ears heal super fast and had no problems with them in the past? :D

If theres no pain or pressure id say go for it but the second u feel pressure stop take it out and wait
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

You should really only be stretching every 6-8 weeks or however long it takes you to be able to put the next size in without pain. It's really not about "healing," as stretching should never create any open wounds that need to heal. It's about your ears loosening up enough to be able to put in larger jewelry without pain or resistance.
Spirals really shouldn't be used to stretch with either since they're awkwardly shaped and heavy, and they can cause blowouts because of the pressure they put on your ears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KAISERROLLS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:You should really only be stretching every 6-8 weeks or however long it takes you to be able to put the next size in without pain. It's really not about "healing," as stretching should never create any open wounds that need to heal. It's about your ears loosening up enough to be able to put in larger jewelry without pain or resistance.
Spirals really shouldn't be used to stretch with either since they're awkwardly shaped and heavy, and they can cause blowouts because of the pressure they put on your ears.

Agreed I would only use tape or tapers depending on your size, I have friends that have gotten blowouts from pincers, same concept....
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by Dems » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:You should really only be stretching every 6-8 weeks or however long it takes you to be able to put the next size in without pain. It's really not about "healing," as stretching should never create any open wounds that need to heal. It's about your ears loosening up enough to be able to put in larger jewelry without pain or resistance.

1.6mm tonguering
bellyring
Currently 6g ears
1 tattoo
Dems

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion