Downsizing

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Dems » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Helllloooo there!

I've been at 8g for 3 weeks now and was planning on stretching to 6g next week, but instead I wanted to hear if it would be bad to downsize back to 10g for maybe 2-3 weeks and then stretch up again?

And would it make the process of stretching easier or a bit more tougher?

Just to add more information, I don't have any problems with my ears.. I'm extremely happy and they are healthy :D I just don't have any need of rushing into it, so if the downsizing will help me stretch easier. I'm willing to do it.
1.6mm tonguering
bellyring
Currently 6g ears
1 tattoo
Dems

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Downsizing is always good for your ears, but in this case it'd probably be better to just stay at 8G for an extra few weeks. 4 weeks really isn't long enough between stretches, and the 8G-6G stretch is usually pretty tough so sometimes it requires extra time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KAISERROLLS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Ill second that downsizing isnt really going to be nececary for you sense your only at a 10g, If anything is going to make your stretching easier down the road stay at your sizes for 6-8 weeks, also start doing oil massages with jojoba or vitamin E oil, to break down scar tissue and promote cell regeneration.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion