how bad is it to stretch with acrylic?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by rugrat :) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm

hey im new here but i have been doing some more research on ear stretching and everything ive read says that its really bad to stretch with acrylic, is it really that bad? i just stretched my ears to a 4g with a pair of acrylic pinchers and im getting kind of paranoid..but ive stretched with acrylic before with no issues.so is it really that bad to use?
rugrat :)

by magalo le matelot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Acrylic don't let your ears breath, so it can slow the healing process. And your ears can react to it, but it depend on your body.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Iv stretched with acrylic all the way to 00, using cheep hottopic junk. I have never had anyproblems with it:] I think its fine, but listen to your body, if it feels like it hurts too long or your ears get overly smelly you might want to switch to some metal plugs or glass.
brutalSKITTLES

by rugrat :) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 pm

okay thank you sooo much!! :D ive used acrylic since i had 8g and never had a problem i think all that reading i did on it made me very paranoid, so once again thank you!
rugrat :)

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 pm

To be honest, no one can tell anyone else for sure how they'll react to acrylic. Some people are fine to wear it for months, others feel like their ears get really pissed off after wearing it for a couple of weeks.
Stretching with pinchers is going to be a lot worse for your ears than stretching with acrylic... The shape of them is going to put pressure on your lobes and put you at higher risk for a blowout. It can also make your stretches uneven.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by stashapistachio » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:To be honest, no one can tell anyone else for sure how they'll react to acrylic. Some people are fine to wear it for months, others feel like their ears get really pissed off after wearing it for a couple of weeks.
Stretching with pinchers is going to be a lot worse for your ears than stretching with acrylic... The shape of them is going to put pressure on your lobes and put you at higher risk for a blowout. It can also make your stretches uneven.

Yep yep.
Acrylic is porous so can habour bacteria (so can get smellier than others), can't be cleaned properly.. and can be broken down easier than a lot of other stuff. Most people will only have serious problems if they had tears or something, though some people still have nasty reactions to it.

Acrylic tapers followed straight through with metal plugs is fine. But stretching with steel just feel SOOO much better/easier/nicer.
These are great
http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.as ... Filter=Yes
stashapistachio

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion