Increasing ear lobe elasticity?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Macalania54 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:12 am

So I'm planning on moving up to my goal size, 00g. I was at 0g before, but after a failed attempt a couple of nights ago, I decided to give my lobes a break and I've downsized to my 1g's, and I'll try to go to 00 again after a few months. So in the meantime, do you guys know of anything I can do (oils? eating certain things?) to make my earlobes, and my skin in general, have greater elasticity? I figure even a little extra stretchiness would definitely help when I finally move up to 00g.
Macalania54

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

I don't understand why you can't put 00g in. Since you are at 0 from a couple of months. Just push holy crap...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Macalania54 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am

I don't know why, but my ears are being really resistant to this stretch. I definitely tore because they were bleeding and stinging after I tried. I'm in no hurry, and I'd rather not ruin my lobes.
Macalania54

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 am

magalo le matelot wrote:I don't understand why you can't put 00g in. Since you are at 0 from a couple of months. Just push holy crap...

Haven't you been telling people to listen to their bodies when stretching? Some people take longer than others to be ready to stretch, and telling someone to "just push" is not good advice.

Anyway, 0G is 8mm and some 00G is 10mm, so it may be too big of a jump. You could try to find some 9mm jewelry, or tape up and stop in between the sizes for a little while. Are you doing any kind of oil massages? My lobes usually take quite a while to loosen up enough to stretch, but when I massage them regularly they loosen up a lot faster. Stretch in the shower/after a shower with lots and lots of lube, and don't force it if your ears aren't ready!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Yeah I know I just don't understand how they can't be ready after all this.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Macalania54 wrote:I'm in no hurry, and I'd rather not ruin my lobes.

Oh, you wonderful person you! Somebody sensible! :)

Like Corazon said, 9mm is available. Not everyone chooses to go to that size, but I definitely recommend people do whether their lobes are being a little reluctant or not.

I'd give some Vitamin E oil a try as it helps with scar tissue and that can effect how easily your lobes stretch.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Boffey » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:18 pm

I found 0g to 00g stretch really easy. Everyone is different though.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by Nic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:26 pm

the stretch from 0 to 00g was hard for me. lol I would recomend electrical tape =D its awesome and u can go up to 00g in just a couple weeks or less.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Why are you recommending electrical tape? Yeah you use it yourself but that still doesn't mean other people should. *facepalm* at some of the advice people give on here....
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:49 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:Yeah I know I just don't understand how they can't be ready after all this.

"All this?" Like two months is just such an unbelievably long time? That's usually the minimum amount of time my lobes take to be ready for a stretch... it's not like she's been at 0G for three years.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion