Stretching with silicone, bad. But wait, read on

Discuss all things ear stretching

by TOFU » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 am

The surface of silicone is porous and tacky. It will be stuck on your ears if stretch using that. But what if i add a layer of teflon tape on the surface? Will it still be as bad? Despite stretching too fast :D THANKS! :D
TOFU

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Well, one thing I find really bad about silicone is that it can force your ears up a size when you're not ready. With a taper or tape, you can stop if you feel like it's going to be painful or difficult to stretch, but with silicone it just expands in your ear and you HAVE to go through with the stretch. So if you're not 100% ready to stretch it can cause a lot of problems.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I dont think it is a good idea.

Silicone is not meant for stretching.

It can force your ears to stretch whenever they arent ready. Using silicone can cause blowouts.
~Narci~
Narci

by Uraniumhobo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 pm

also bad quality silicone that you find at hottopic (with the exception of kaos) is also toxic.
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion