How long do i have to wait?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:11 am

I don't think it's being overly cautious... my ear piercings were still a little crusty after 3 months (I got pierced at 10G, but still) and there was no way I was going to stretch them even at 4 months. The tissue around the hole is still pretty weak for a loooong time after being pierced, and only strong tissue should be stretched. Not saying there's a 100% chance you'll mess up your lobes if you stretch sooner, just that the longer you wait with everything the healthier they'll be. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Fishnets and Malice » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:03 pm

I strongly have to agree with corazon_de_oro, when I went on this forum and read the comments and advice people were giving, my first reaction was "wtf" I'm not putting people down or trying to be an asshole, I'm just being straight forward. I get it, stretching is the coolest thing nowadays, but that really shouldn't excuse the fact that stretching a size bigger (or skipping a few even) within such a short time is just a stupid thing to do. And I'm not pushing this "holier-than-thou" logic either, because I've done it too. But I never thought that it was a fine idea. My guess is in a few generations there are gonna be grammies and grampies wheeling around with blown out ugly stretched ears.
The best way to stretch ears is to wait till it completely heals. Again, I agree with corazon_de_oro, even if s/he thinks it's not being overly cautious, being overly cautious will probably be the best thing you do for your stretched ears in the long run.
Fishnets and Malice

by Tom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Fishnets and Malice wrote:I strongly have to agree with corazon_de_oro, when I went on this forum and read the comments and advice people were giving, my first reaction was "wtf" I'm not putting people down or trying to be an asshole, I'm just being straight forward. I get it, stretching is the coolest thing nowadays, but that really shouldn't excuse the fact that stretching a size bigger (or skipping a few even) within such a short time is just a stupid thing to do. And I'm not pushing this "holier-than-thou" logic either, because I've done it too. But I never thought that it was a fine idea. My guess is in a few generations there are gonna be grammies and grampies wheeling around with blown out ugly stretched ears.
The best way to stretch ears is to wait till it completely heals. Again, I agree with corazon_de_oro, even if s/he thinks it's not being overly cautious, being overly cautious will probably be the best thing you do for your stretched ears in the long run.

In the long run its definitely the best thing you could for your ears if you want to have normal ear lobe in the future. I plan on having plugs in when im a G-Pop, but thats b/c i choose to pass the point of no return.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by Nic » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:11 pm

lol I agree with Tomegun, when im a wrinkly raisin ima be rockin some fat pot leaf plugs xD
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by HateJustin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 pm

I've had my ears pierced for about 3 weeks now and I've already made it up to a 2g. People are telling you to wait but, honestly, I don't think it matters all that much. If something won't fit through your ear, wait a week and try again. My ears are painless, and i skipped a lot of sizes. After you reach a 2g, or mabe 0g, you should wait a month then slowly go on to the bigger sizes.
fall to your knees

7/8th lobes
smiley
left nip
HateJustin

by Tom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Dont
HateJustin wrote:I've had my ears pierced for about 3 weeks now and I've already made it up to a 2g. People are telling you to wait but, honestly, I don't think it matters all that much. If something won't fit through your ear, wait a week and try again. My ears are painless, and i skipped a lot of sizes. After you reach a 2g, or mabe 0g, you should wait a month then slowly go on to the bigger sizes.

DONT SKIP SIZES AS FAST AS THIS GUY. GIVE YOUR EARS TIME TO HEAL..
THERE IS NO RUSH TO STRETCH, YOUR GOING TO GET TO THAT SIZE EVENTUALLY.. MIGHT AS WELL DO IT RIGHT FIRST
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:34 am

Agreed... people don't realize that problems are just as likely at small sizes as they are at larger ones... skipping sizes isn't good at ANY size.
And you got your ears pierced 3 weeks ago and you're at 2G? WTF? And you're giving people ADVICE? I got my ears pierced at 10G a year and two months ago and I'm just now at 2G.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Boffey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Ive stretched pretty fast, Ive gone from a normal healed piercing to 8mm in about 2 months.
I had my ear pierced for at least 3 years before i stretched it though.

HateJustin wrote:I've had my ears pierced for about 3 weeks now and I've already made it up to a 2g. People are telling you to wait but, honestly, I don't think it matters all that much. If something won't fit through your ear, wait a week and try again. My ears are painless, and i skipped a lot of sizes. After you reach a 2g, or mabe 0g, you should wait a month then slowly go on to the bigger sizes.

My mates gone from not having a pierced ear to about 6mm in just over a week...
He pierced it and put a 3mm straight in.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion