10mm to 16mm - chances of it shrinking?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by HanaPIE » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 am

i'm currently at 10 mm but i really want to strech it bigger now :D
i've had it at 10 for so long because i wanted to make sure it would shrink down to as close to normal size as possible when i'm older but after 2 years it just looks tiny to me now.
im planning now to strech up to 16mm, what are the chances of it going smaller if i leave it out in the future??
never had a blowout or any problems with it and i'm going to strech it super slow just to make sure.
what do you guys think??
4 bottom lip piercings
Tongue
18mm in left ear
6mm and 1.2mm in right ear

*want*
right ear to 18mm
bridge or anit-brow dermals
scafolding both ears
nipples
HanaPIE

by leighmarie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 pm

I think it would definately downsize somewhat if you ever decided to take them out, but I'm not sure if they'd shrink back down completely.

Obviously though, it depends on the individual, how long you've had them, how well you've looked after them, ect, ect. So no one could tell you 100% how it'll work out.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:27 pm

There's no guarantee they'll shrink after 10mm, or at any size for that matter. No matter what size you stretch to you should always consider the possibility of having that size hole for the rest of your life.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:46 pm

^I agree

You should be able to get them to shrink a bit but there is never a guarantee that you'll be able to go back to normal. If you stretch you need to be sure that you want stretched ears.

And at 10mm I'm pretty sure you've already hit what many people call "The point of no return."

Although with surgery you can always have brand new ear lobes later in life. :3
~Narci~
Narci

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion