Getting sore, painful lobes from sleeping in a bad position

Discuss all things ear stretching

by panxp » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:42 am

Does this happen to anyone else? My right ear is my stubborn one but it's taken to my latest stretch quite nicely with no problems. My left one, however, is sore and painful after last night. After my latest stretch to 8g, my left ear had no problems but I woke up today to find it in pain. I'm certain it's not infected or anything.
panxp

by magalo le matelot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Sleep on your back...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Or be patient with stretching and wait until it doesn't hurt. If your ear hurts to the point where you can't sleep on it after a stretch you went too fast.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Everyone ears are different... it's not because yours don't hurt after that its the same for everybody.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Maybe you just caught it in your sleep, or slept on it funny?

Despite the fact my ears don't hurt after stretching, every now and again I'll twist my lobe or flip it up into a funny position if I've been fidgeting a lot in my sleep, which can make things a little uncomfortable. More so now than when I was at smaller sizes, so I guess it's probably something to do with the size of the tunnel.

Have you tried using different materials to bed, like silicone? Or maybe taking your plugs out altogether on a night? When they're not freshly stretched, of course.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:Everyone ears are different... it's not because yours don't hurt after that its the same for everybody.

Well if you stretch too fast it's going to hurt... it's not that everyone's body is different, it's that I stretch slowly. The most you should feel during a stretch is a very slight sting that should go away quickly; if it hurts so much that you can't even sleep on your ear there's something wrong.
See I don't get it... people run into pain and problems while stretching but they STILL insist on stretching fast. Doesn't make sense.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Macalania54 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, that happens to me every once in a while, especially since I sleep on my side and move in my sleep a lot. It's weird because I've been at the same size for about 2 months, so it's not like my lobes are sensitive or anything...maybe you just happened to sleep funny on it that night.
Macalania54

by Hardware » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 am

What I have suggested to people (post industrial and cartilage piercings) is to use on of those travel pillows. Lay it down flat and sleep on it with your ear in the hole where you neck would normally be. Think of it as a hemorrhoid doughnut for your ear. It personally saved my sanity after industrial piercings.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by TOFU » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 am

Then dont sleep on that side. I tore my left ear at 4mm and i slept on my right side for 1 week ):
TOFU

by leighmarie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:51 am

Macalania54 wrote:Yeah, that happens to me every once in a while, especially since I sleep on my side and move in my sleep a lot. It's weird because I've been at the same size for about 2 months, so it's not like my lobes are sensitive or anything...maybe you just happened to sleep funny on it that night.

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Next