How Long should i wait in between each wrap when using tape?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by xFLAPJACKx » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am

I just started using the tape method on my 00's to stretch and im a little concerned on how long i need to wait before each wrap im thinking anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks but im not sure any ideas?
xFLAPJACKx

by stashapistachio » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 am

depends what tape it is, and how stretchy your ears are. i personally use ptfe (Which is quite thin) and add a layer every 2 or 3 days. i know some people who wait weeks, and some who can add a layer multiple times a day( which ir probably a bit stupid). just pay attention to your body, with ptfe if its too fast it tends to bunch up and fail anyway.
stashapistachio

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

Just do whatever your ears are ready to do... if you can do one without pain or resistance, do one. If you can do three, do three. You can do it every day or every other day, or every 2-3 days; just depends on your ears. But you DO have to wait 6+ weeks between sizes just like with other methods of stretching. So once you get to a size, stay there for a while.
Also, make sure you're using plumber's tape and not something with an adhesive (like electrical tape) and use looottttsssss of lube.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Boffey » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Im trying taping now, im at 10mm and want to get to 12mm. I added 2 wraps yesterday and it went in very easily, and i did 2 more today and plan on doing 2 a day untill i reach 12mm.
I worked it it out, the ptfe tape is 0.075mm thick so it would take about 27 wraps to be at 2mm and with 2 wraps a day, that would take about 2 and a half weeks, that seems really slow, especially compared to using a taper which takes a few secconds.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:54 pm

But you DO have to wait 6+ weeks between sizes just like with other methods of stretching. So once you get to a size, stay there for a while.

Tapering method is especially there to avoid that waiting time...

FYI, I tape 1 or 2 layers everyday, and if there is to much pressure when trying to reinsert the jewellery, I remove 1 layer of tape. (I'm going from 7/8 to 1 inch)
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Boffey » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

I did 2 layers yesterday and 2 today, and it felt like inserting the same tunnel.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:20 am

magalo le matelot wrote:Tapering method is especially there to avoid that waiting time...

Huh? You have to wait between sizes no matter what you're stretching with.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by xFLAPJACKx » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:12 am

Teflon tape i bought at lowes didnt say teflon tape, kinda hoping it is came in a blue case? and is really flimsy right?
xFLAPJACKx

by stashapistachio » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 am

Its also called plumbers or ptfe tape. theres lots of different packaging.. tape is thin (most are 0.075mm), white, no adhesive but sticks to itself, and goes seethrough if you lick ht :D
stashapistachio

by xFLAPJACKx » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 am

Damn tanks for dropping knowledge on me lol twas very usefull =D
xFLAPJACKx

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion