Slightly Concerned..?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by hellowyellow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello (: I've just recently started stretching my ears (currently at a 12g) and wanted some opinions on this situation. I began stretching my ears four weeks ago, I've had my ears pierced since I was very young and they had stretched themselves a lot over time. I first used two 14g labrets and they slid right in with no problem (my ear had clearly already stretched to this point); I then left them in for two weeks anyways and they felt just like my ears had from the beginning. After two weeks I felt like there would be no issue going up to a 12g; so I bough tapers and plugs and the tapers slipped right in as did the plugs right after. Again, absolutely no issue. I did regular sea salt soaks to promote healing; have yet to experience any pain or discomfort at all. That was two weeks ago now. Last night (considering my ears feel perfectly fine) I took out my plugs to clean them as well as my ears. There was an incredibly light amount of blood (pretty much looked like really watered down blood on the cotton swab) and it kind of concerned me since there really isn't supposed to be any bleeding when you stretch. =/ I have had absolutely NO pain in the this process (and I don't have a great pain tolerance to begin with!) Opinions on the situation? I don't feel as though I've "stretched too quickly" or anything.. I mean my ears were already stretched out just from constantly wearing heaving jewelery over the years. Maybe I'm just over analyzing the situation. Okay, sorry for the book, and thanks for any responses. (:
hellowyellow

by Boffey » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

That has happened to me before, idk what it is though.
You might have accidently cut your ear with your jewellery, or slept on it in a dodgy position. Thats all i can think of really.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by hellowyellow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

sigh. it was just so random? hm. odd odd odd.
hellowyellow

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Try waiting longer between sizes (6 weeks is a good minimum) and you shouldn't get any bleeding. You can also start doing oil massages once your ear is healed to make them more stretchy.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 am

It sounds like they are fine though. Sounds like maybe you scratched it, sometimes ears need to get used to o-rings.
I agree with corazon on the vitamin E oil massages, it will help in the future.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion