Ear stretching questions?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by torabear » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:47 pm

I have been stretching my ears for over a year now. When I first gauged them, I went straight to a size 10. (it didn't tear, but I realize now what a huge jump that was!) I stayed at that size for a long time. Just recently, I have been stretching larger. I am now a size 2. c: I would love to be at a solid 0g, but I have a question or two before I actually decide.

So, when I first stretched, I researched and found out that you can usually stretch back to normal (in good time) if you do not exceed size 0g. They called that "the point of no return". Looking through Google pages, and yahoo answers... I have found out otherwise. Someone said that any size will never go back. And I find that hard to believe. Does anyone know what the "point of no return" is?

(I am 18 now, and I plan to keep my ears gauged for a while, but probably not into my late 30;s ;P)
torabear

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

no one can tell you what size your ears will still go back to normal, or even if they will at all. it all depends on your ear's elasticity and how well you took care of your ears while you were stretching. ive heard people quote sizes of 3/4" and have it shrink down considerably with a little prep h and daily massages, and others remove their plugs at 6g and never have them get any smaller.

stretched ears, just like any other body modification, are rather permanent, and what you want your body to look like 20+ years from now should be taken into consideration before you do any type of modification to your body, be it stretched ears, a tattoo, etc.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by torabear » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:02 am

I know, but usually all piercings shrink to a considerably smaller size.
torabear

by leighmarie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 am

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:no one can tell you what size your ears will still go back to normal, or even if they will at all. it all depends on your ear's elasticity and how well you took care of your ears while you were stretching.

+1

TheGreyEyedMonster is right I'm afraid, there is no 100% guarantee that the stretch will ever shrink back down.

Like you said, most people consider around 8/10mm to be the 'point of no return', but in my opinion stretching should always be considered permanent as it's not necessarily the case for everyone.

There are things you can do to help however, eg. oil massages to prevent scar tissue, ect. But like I said, there is no 100% guarantee.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:30 am

No one can give you any kind of accurate answer if you ask "will my ears shrink back to normal?" If you stay below 2G it's pretty likely that they will, but it's still not really a good thing to risk if you're 100% sure you don't want stretched ears forever. If you have them stretched for a long time the chance of them shrinking decreases, too.

That being said, IMO holes that are 2G and below really aren't that noticeable even if they don't shrink much. If you take them out they'll probably end up looking like someone who's had "standard" ear piercings for many years and the holes stretched themselves because of heavy earrings and such (a.k.a. the cheesewire effect.)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion