14G to 8G stretch

Discuss all things ear stretching

by iAmSofaKing » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:02 am

Hey i was just wondering if its safe to go from a 14G to a 8G earlobe stretch? I asked a number of people i know that have their ears stretched but got mixed answers...

I was planning to buy 8G tapers to try and see if i could push them in, if they hurt to much i was planning to settle for 10G.

Any advice would help

Also how do i know if i have a blow out?
iAmSofaKing

by Hardware » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:51 am

I would not advise going from 14G to 8G. It's important to Gradually increase the size of your earlobes. Proper ear stretching involves no pain at all. My advice is to go to 12G first.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:55 am

No, it's not safe. You'd be making the hole twice its size! Go to 12G; you should never skip any sizes when stretching.

And a blowout is when there's too much pressure on the fistula (fancy word for the hole) and all or part of it sort of turns inside out. They look like this: Image but can obviously be worse or less severe.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by iAmSofaKing » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

Whats funny is my piercer even told me that i could even go to a 6G...

One more thing how do i use a plug? I hear people say push it through your ear after the taper but arent those black rings in the way?
iAmSofaKing

by Hardware » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:02 am

umm... I am a piercer, but I would NEVER suggest going from 14G to 6G!!! :o

The rings are removable... They hold the plug in while you wear them.
Hardware

by iAmSofaKing » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 am

Ok thanks alot.

Whats longest i can leave the taper in for? I was looking to get cheap acrylic ones till i find a decent pair of plugs..

Also i noticed my left piercing on the back ear is at a slight tilt to the right (to my face), would that be a concern when stretching to say a 4G?
iAmSofaKing

by Hardware » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:13 am

You don't want to wear the tapers at all post stretching. They are awkwardly shaped and can cause damage. Ideally you don't want to wear plastic either because it is porous and can harbor a lot of bacteria that can prolong your healing significantly. Ideally you want surgical steel.
Hardware

by StrickyCub » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:41 am

It's not safe to skip that many sizes. If you're at 14g, you will have to settle with 12g. Don't be stubborn, don't try and be a hard ass. Just do what your told, otherwise you will be kicking yourself later on when you can upsize to bigger jewellery because of scar tissue.

And you'll know if you have a blowout. You'll probably have bleeding inside the hole, possibly a tear, and there will be a flap or ring of skin around the hole, usually at the back but you can sometimes get a blowout on the front.

Anyone else on this site will tell you that if you plan on stretching your ears, you have to accept the fact that it could be a permanent body modification i.e. your ears will only shrink back to a certain size if you change your mind in the future. Taking this into account, take your time and be careful with stretching, do it right so you have healthy lobes and remember the #1 golden rule of stretching.

It should NOT hurt.

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by mirror.darkly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 am

14g to 8g is ridiculous going to 6g would be even more so. I started at 14g and then went to 10g so did skip a step there but it was okay. Then I went to 8g but the jewelry was doubleflare so had to actually stretch to 6g to get the jewelry in. This was a big mistake. It was the most painful piercing procedure I've ever done. Even more painful than the original piercing. There was also bleeding which should never happen with a proper stretch. Please learn from my mistakes and just be patient, there's no reason to skip a step.
mirror.darkly

by brie2ash » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:07 am

Well I'd like to say that in August I started to stretch my ears & went to a 14g.
A week half later I wanted to jump to a 10g, but my piercer didn't have a 10g plug & offered to move me to a 8g.

So yea I jumped from a 14g to a 8g within a week half & didn't have a blow out, just a slight headache. It can be done, but I wouldn't recommend jumping that much so quickly. Psh I was shocked she offered to bump me to an 8g. And after I jumped to an 8g I kept it like that for 4months now so it healed properly.

In a few weeks I plan to jump from a 8g to 4g.
brie2ash

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion