am i stretching right?

All the dudes with stretched ears

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by SaE » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:46 am

i started at a 14g 6 weeks ago but dont have any pics.
Image This is me. my name is anthony by the way.

Heres my ear now. im at a 6g.

Image no taper in it
im wondering if i did it to slow/fast? or if im on the right track. also i was wondering i want to be at a 00g is it a reasonable goal to be there in 3 weeks? :?:
My name is Anthony and i have 4g lobes
my goal is a 00g
SaE

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 am

Your ears look fairly healthy, but you went way too fast by going from 14G-6G in six weeks. It is definitely NOT reasonable to be at 00G in three weeks! You shouldn't even stretch again for another 6 weeks! Your ears need time to rest in between sizes. Check out this guide, it'll probably explain better than I can: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/ ... garding-It
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by vdub » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 am

The biggest epiphany I had about stretching safely was when someone told me, "its about picking up the slack, not actually stretching". I think once you understand that's how it works, you'll be a little more careful with your ears.

What you've done wasn't exactly good for your ears, but it wasn't the worst either. You'll be fine if you listen to us now, and slow down. Any damage you have done is minimal and will heal, but if you rush it anymore, it could lead to some serious, permanent problems like blow outs and scar tissue. I'd wait at least a month (bare minimum) before you go to 4g. I know it's hard to wait so long, moving up sizes is addicting and I know how it feels wanting to get to your goal size. I actually felt insecure for awhile at certain sizes that I thought were unflattering, but I stuck it out and I'm thankful. I regret not moving slower, actually, but I'm glad I didn't destroy my ears. Time moves faster than you think, just take it easy with the lobes. It's actually really rewarding when you do it gradually.

If I were you I'd do this;

4g around December 1st
2g at the beginning of January
0g at the end of February/early March.
00g in late May/early June.

That's actually moving faster than I'd do it, personally. I gave you bare minimum estimates. I know it's not what you want to hear, especially when you had your heart set on 3 weeks, but the reality is you gotta take your time.

Also, the absolute golden rule to ear stretching: It should never ever hurt, and it should never ever ever ever bleed. If it does, stop immediately and downsize. Give yourself lots of time to heal. NEVER FORCE your ears to stretch.
vdub

by SaE » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:54 pm

dam well thanks guys for all of your help. i guess i do gotta wait kuz i dont wana hurt myself.
i do have a question tho. i just bought sum double flared silicone plugs but the ends are bigger than the middle. Is it safe to shove that thru my ear?
my goal is a 00g
SaE

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 pm

well if they're silicone i would wait til your ears feelin' awesome (how long have you been at 6g) just to make sure you dont irritate your ears. And with double flairs it sometimes takes a while and a lot of playing with your ears to make 'em elastic enough to handle the bigger flair without getting irritated. cause you do not want your ears to get swollen around a double flair (it happened to my friend and OMG it was scary).

basically, it cant hurt to try it. just dont shove it through ur ears or anything if it doesnt want to go lol
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by vdub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:21 am

Depending on what kind of silicone plugs you have, you can fold them up, put them in your lobes, and let them unfold. You could prolly get away with wearing them now, if you want to try it. If it starts to get uncomfortable take them out and put your regular jewelry in for a few weeks and try again.

Post a pic so I can see what kind they are.
vdub

by StrickyCub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Double flares can be a bitch. I ordered 2 pairs online, 1 in 8g and one in 6g. They're both stone tunnels because I wanted to try out using some organics.
Can't get them in yet though, the flares on the 8g are actually a 4g, which is a bit bigger than I expected. Thought the flare would only be 6g on the 8g pair.

You'll just have to wait like me until your ears are stretchy enough to be able to comfortably get them in, although silicone ones you would probably be able to squeeze in.

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by SaE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:34 am

Alright guys i have sum news for u. ummm i am actually not a 6g. i have come to find out that the tapers i have in my ear are actually 4g. when i bought em the guy said there 6g :?:
my goal is a 00g
SaE

by vdub » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:44 am

Sometimes tapers will be slightly larger than the size they are said to be. This makes it easier to get your plugs in after stretching.
vdub

by SaE » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:40 am

so even tho there 4g tapers and its not good i should be fine if i stay at a 4g for awhile?
my goal is a 00g
SaE

Next

Return to Dudes