infected? or do i worry too much.

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by SusiMarie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:32 pm

okay so we remember i got my navel done the 4th of this month. With a CBR, my piercer does it incase of swelling. It get knocked alot, at school and the like. It has been making this" stuff" its kind of like snotty consistency and an opaque whiteish color. is this lymph ? or is it pus. Im worried about it. Im over weight and it can end up sitting inside my stomach. I love this piercing, and i dont want to loose it.

It comes out in bunches, its not like a runny thing. When i spin my cbr to clean my piercing it comes on the ring. Kinda like squeezing a zit. If i push my CBR inwards to my stomach it comes out more when i am cleaning it.
It crusts up around my cbr and i remove it in the shower. I wash it daily with the same soap i use for my ears and my nostril.
Ive have it covered with a band-aid all day long for a week or 2 now, i replace the band aid after my shower to sleep on and in the morning when i get dressed.
Is my ring infected? if so what do i do to fix that. Or am I paranoid? OR do we not know what to say?
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 am

An infection would be very red, swollen, hot to the touch, and really painful. It would also have yellow or even green pus. Yours sounds normal; white stuff is usually just lymph which comes out of all piercings. My navel has had a lot of lymph come out of it too, now that I think about it.

It sounds like you need to get a barbell in there instead of a ring ASAP. A bar won't get knocked nearly as much. Also, piercings heal best when they are left alone. I know a lot of people recommend twisting or rotating the jewelry to clean, but that does more harm than good. Try to just let it stay put. That's another reason barbells are better for healing, they don't move as much.

Instead of the soap, try using sea salt soaks for aftercare. They'll help draw all the nasty stuff out of your piercing. Also take the band-aid off so it can breathe.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:32 pm

i do take the band aid off, and the soap has sea salt in it actually. Im going to change it for an internally threaded bar bell when it comes at the end of the week.
its four weeks pierced on the second.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Actual sea salt soaks have more benefits for piercings, though. The heat draws out lymph and promotes blood flow to the area. Also they penetrate the inside of the piercing to clean it without having to move the jewelry. It's not really necessary to do them every single day, just whenever you notice a lot of lymph/crusties.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

ill try and do one tonight. seems awkward to try and soak my belly in a cup though...
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:33 am

It is awkward... the first couple times I tried I dumped water all over myself, haha. You just have to find a position that works for you and it'll get easier. The only way I can do it without spilling water is standing and leaning over slightly while holding the cup to the piercing. A lot of people seem to prefer using a shot glass but I don't have any shot glasses so I've never tried it.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by GenaLyn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 am

I'm in the UK and wondered what u meant by lymph. I think it's what my family describe as "ear cheese" lol. Lymph sounds way better
Gena :)
Lincolnshire Fenlands, England
GenaLyn

by KAISERROLLS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Im studying to be a doctor, so i wont give you the whole technical term. But its a clearish watery substance that runs along with your circulatory system. Lymph is good nothing to worry about, it in itself is a sign your body is doing good with the piercing or an infection or whatever! Ear cheese is the dead skin cells clogging up in your ears much like a belly button perhaps. Hope that helps :)
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Other Piercings