Doing your own lip?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by Dems » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 pm

How likely is it to hit a vein when doing your own lip piercing? I have a real itch to do it myself since I have the equipment but don't want to risk anything. :?:
1.6mm tonguering
bellyring
Currently 6g ears
1 tattoo
Dems

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 pm

I don't think it's very likely, but a good piercer will be able to do a much better job. Also, what are you using? Do you have a sterile (autoclaved) hollow piercing needle? How about autoclaved jewelry? A lot of people don't bother getting sterile jewelry when they do DIY piercings, but it's very important. Even new, unopened jewelry isn't sterile or even clean. Body Art Forms and a few other websites will autoclave jewelry.
I think piercings usually turn out much better when left to the professionals but I'm not completely anti-DIY as long as the person is using proper, sterile tools (an autoclave is the only way to sterilize jewelry, not boiling it, soaking it in alcohol, putting it in fire, etc).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Other Piercings