A little concerned.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DSyn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 pm

I began stretching my ears a little under a year ago. I had normal piercing sized ears and slid a 14g through them without a problem. I waited about two weeks then tapered to 12g. Wore my 12g for about a month and then tapered to 10g. Another month went by and I tapered to 8g. I've had my 8g in for about 4 months, mainly because I was so busy.

Anywho - last night I tapered up to a 6g and it burned a little more than usual, and I couldn't get the jewelry in. Instead of forcing it I decided to let the tapers stay in for the night and let my little lobes calm down. After about an hour the burning went away (which is normal for me), and they just felt the normal amount of tender.

So around noon today, I decided to give the jewelry another go. There's a little lip on the back end of it where the O ring goes by the way. Well, I got a little further than last night, and they went through, but got caught on the damn o-ring lip. I decided again, instead of forcing it to go ahead and put the tapers back in. I cleaned my ear before doing so and noticed a little fleck of blood. I kept cleaning and no more blood came out, but I inspected the plug that I was trying to put in and saw a liiiiittle bit of skin film on it. I slid the taper back in, making sure to clean the ear. It slid in without pain or problem.

My questions are :

1. Is it ok to wear my tapers for a week or so in order for my ears to become accustomed to the 6g, and then try and put jewlery in.

2. Should I be concerned that there was a little blood - as I know that there's not supposed to be any when you stretch.

and..

3. Should I go ahead and throw the plugs out with the lip for the o-ring and try to find some plugs that are completely smooth?

Sorry that the post is so long, I just wanted to make sure I covered all my bases.

Thanks!
Have :

14g Nostrils
14g Eyebrow
14g Labret
14g Nipples
14g Navel
12g Tongue
6g Lobes

Want :

00g Lobes :)
DSyn

by Hybrid » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 pm

I would go ahead and get a no flare or single fare plug that is completely smooth. Tapers aren't ment to be worn as jewelry, they are tools. I would reccommend getting the new plugs as soon as possible and putting them in.
Hybrid

by WindowLicker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I've worn tapers for a couple days at a time and haven't had any issues. I've seen people on here say that you shouldn't wear tapers as jewelry, that it's simply used as a tool, but I see no reason why they couldn't be worn. As for the o-ring, it's really bizarre that they're catching in your ear. I've worn plugs with the lip and had no issue. Where did you get the plugs from?
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by DSyn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm not intending them to be jewelry, but I need to have something in my ear until I can get a new set of plugs - a few days at the most. Thanks for the advice about the smooth plugs, I think that's best as well but I wanted to make sure.

I got this set of plugs from (horrible I know!) Hot Topic. Yeah..first and last time I'll be doing that. All my other jewelry and tapers I got from a shop. Thing about these plugs is that it's not a groove, it's like a cut. My 8g flesh tunnels had a groove..but this thing...wow.
Have :

14g Nostrils
14g Eyebrow
14g Labret
14g Nipples
14g Navel
12g Tongue
6g Lobes

Want :

DSyn

by DSyn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Also wanted to get your opinion about the little piece of skin film, and the flecks of blood.
Have :

14g Nostrils
14g Eyebrow
14g Labret
14g Nipples
14g Navel
12g Tongue
6g Lobes

Want :

DSyn

by Hybrid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 am

Well, I think you should be fine, but don't use acrylic if you can. Go for stainless or glass that should minimize any possibility for infection. Just keep it clean and your fine. Really Hot Topic isn't bad, I have to get all my jewelry for the time being at Spencers, but I think from this size up I'm going to be getting stuff online.
Hybrid

by DSyn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks a bunch Hybrid, I appreciate your input as well as the relief you've provided. :) I'm so nervous about blow-outs (which is probably a good thing!) that I make sure to read all the information I can get on stretching as well as take things nice and slow.

I think I'll sea salt soak them as well, just to make sure I don't get any nasties in there. Hopefully I'll be able to get the plugs in there in a few days... I'll feel better once they're in.
Have :

14g Nostrils
14g Eyebrow
14g Labret
14g Nipples
14g Navel
12g Tongue
6g Lobes

Want :

DSyn

by WindowLicker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:05 am

Yea I've gotten a few plug/taper packs from HT. Basically what I've found is they're pretty inconsistent with the groove size. Some were pretty deep others pretty shallow. I only go there for double flares just till I finally get to 3/4 then never setting foot in that place again. The net is the best place to find quality jewelry.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

Return to New To Stretching