New, wondering what you think.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Connor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 am

Hey guys, really new to stretching. Got my ears pierced 3 weeks ago and foolishly went straight to a 1mm. I know that was stupid, but i was way too eager. About a week and a half later, i put the 2mm's in, they where fine. Slid in perfectly, no pain or anything. Been at a 2mm for a week and a half now, and will remain so for another week. Im only going to 8mm on both ears, then putting stainless steel tunnels in, then eventually wood. ill be going at a rate of about 1mm every two weeks. Is this too fast?

What about closing up times etc?

Im yet to have any noteable problems.

Thanks guys.
Connor

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 am

way too fast. slow it down to about one size a month. you may be able to slide in a new size every two weeks, but while you're doing that you're creating scar tissue that will make it hard to stretch to bigger sizes, and also to down size later on in life if you choose to do so.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Drrob » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome to the Forum Connor,

You are sizing up way too fast - what looks ok on the outside is not going to be ok on the inside - you need to allow new flesh to grow where the stretches are.
It would had been better if your first piercing was larger as when I had mine down it was initially pierced with a 4mm cannula needle so my first tunnel was already at 6 Gauge.

Going too fast is a subject that is much talked about on the forum and others will agree with my comments.

Regards
Dr Rob.
Drrob

by Connor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks for replying guys. I'll be sure to take this that a board! For example, what if i was to continue going at the rate im going at? What would my ears be like when they close up?

**Also, My friend has went from a normal piercing to a 12mm in just under a month. Is his ear going to be totally fucked? I could smell is ear when i was in the front of the car, and he was in the back seat. Im telling him to downsize to salvage what he can of his ears, but he is having none of it. He has a steel 12mm in atm. Thanks.
Connor

by Hybrid » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Most likely with the amount of scar tissue that would build up that your ears would never close up. The more scar tissue, the less likely it will close up. If he went to 12mm in a month it soudns like his ear is infected. He needs to take them out now.
Hybrid

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:58 pm

If you want your ears to close up eventually, you shouldn't be stretching, especially if you're going that fast. My advice would be to put the 1mm back in and wait for your ears to fully heal for a few months before you start stretching. You should really wait about six months after a new piercing to start. And your friend sounds like he's ruining his lobes... I'd advise him to downsize as much as possible and realize that stretching takes time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching