Just started stretching, need some help!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by krisssx16 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 am

Okay, I've decided to begin stretching my ears that have been pierced for 15 years with a standard ear piercing. Today I picked up 14g tapers and plugs and I slowly am in the process of pushing the tapers completely in my ear so I may place in the plug. I plan on going up to an 8g or 6g at the largest (and yes I know to take things slowly)...

My questions are:

1. Will my ear evebtually return to it's original hole size (standard piercing) if I only go up to. 8g or 6g at the largest (I know it depends on the person, I'm just wondering if anyone has past experience)?

2. How and when should I be cleaning my gauges/ears?
New to stretching, starting with my little 14g baby :)

Three holes on each ear, not really looking for any more...

Goal: 6g, nothing bigger because I don't want to risk my ears becoming unable to shrink back to normal.
krisssx16

by WindowLicker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 am

Going to 14g right away is an awful idea. If I remember correctly a standard gauge is 20 or 22 so you're skipping either 7 or 6 sizes. As for whether or not your ear will close up, it varies from person to person. Not everyone's ears are the same. The generally accepted rule is 2g is the point of no return. As for cleaning, I clean my piercings every day along with my jewerly using liquid soap and water.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by elclipo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Going straight to 14 is not a good idea. It is doable ( I did it with my 10 year old piercing) but it hurt like hell, my ear was swollen for days, etc. My other ear, I did it right and started at 18 (not counting my original piercing).

As per it closing up, my ears closed right back up to regular size after i was already at a four read to start stretching to a 2g. This happened in a matter of weeks. I had to start back up at 18g, although they stretched rather quickly.
elclipo

Return to New To Stretching