Questions from a Newbie...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by mzkt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 am

[color=#FF00BF]Hi Guys...Glad I found this site. After lots of careful consideration, I've decided to stretch. I have multiple tattoos and have had many piercings...and have considered stretching for quite some time.
I am looking to get to a 4g. I have some questions...

1. I have heard different things, is it safe to stretch from just a regular size ear piercing (that I've had from 3 mo old and was done with with a gun) to a 4g with no in between?

2. Is anodized black titanium safe to put in a new stretch?

Any advice or tips are appreciated
mzkt

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:29 am

1. No, no, no, no, no. You should actually wait about six months (or at the VERY least four months if you just can't wait) after an initial piercing to do your first stretch. Also, you probably are only at an 18G right now so going to 4G right off the bat would be skipping six sizes; you should never even skip one.
2. Yes, that's fine; titanium is one of the best materials you can use.

Honestly, piercing guns are crap. They fire a blunt object through your ear, most likely giving you scar tissue right away, which is going to make stretching harder. Also, the jewelry they start with is very thin, which means you have to go through more sizes and the stretching process will take way longer. To be honest, if you want to be at 4G as soon as possible, I'd remove your current piercings, let them heal, and get repierced at 6G or even 4G at a good, reputable shop.

Sorry to be lecturing you or whatever, it's just that a lot of people don't realize what a long process stretching is and how much patience it requires. Try reading this guide to get you started: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/ ... garding-It
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by mzkt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 am

Thanks for the advice. I've been hearing different things. Yeah I know the guns are crap, but there the same piercing I've have since my mom took me at three months old to get them done so I've had them over 27 yrs.
mzkt

by mzkt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:34 am

And I don't feel lectured at all no problem! I appreciate your help. It's correct I was not aware of it being a long process but I most def want to make sure whatever I do, I do correctly.
So any tips on how to get the old gun piercing I have to close faster? Or would I be able to get it re pierced at a shop with a larger gauge needle without them being healed closed as they are so old? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but as far as stretching goes I'm still learning.
mzkt

by twosharks » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

You wouldn't need to wait unless your current piercings were badly placed, you can get pierced larger through your existing piercings. If you can find an experienced body mod artist, you could easily get scalpeled straight to 4g, although that's the most permanent way to do it. Depending on how large your lobes are, it's possible you can get pierced at 4g.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 am

D'oh! I read it wrong and thought you meant you'd only had the piercings for three months! If you've had them for 27 years I'd say you're better off just stretching the existing piercings. If you wore lots of dangly/heavy earrings you may be able to start at 14G or so because the hole has probably stretched itself a bit over time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching