A few questions

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Lemons » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 am

Hi I'm new to stretching and have recently found that I really want to start stretching my left ear lobe. I do not have my ear pierced as of yet and I am going to have that done in a couple of weeks hopefully.

I was reading through the options and found that you can get a piercing at 10g to get a headstart, is this a better/faster process than going from a normal sized piercing?

One problem is that my school are very strict on uniform and they dont even allow boys to have any piercings showing :/, if I got a 10g taper put in for the 2 weeks I have off school would I be able to then put a small plug in whilst im in school after the tim off and then put the taper back in when I get home and then keep going through this process until I can just wear a plug and the hole is healed?
Lemons

by Deano » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm

First things first, welcome to the site.

I had my ears pierced at 8g. I've never had my ears pierced before that, so I really can't compare healing or pain levels to anything else, but pain wasn't too bad, and healing was pretty normal, IMO. If you find a piercer willing to do it, you can get pierced with a needle to at least a 4g. IDK if they make needles any larger, but I do know that you can find that at 4g.

OK...if you get pierced at 10g, they're not going to pierce you with a taper. Tapers are only for stretching, not piercing. You will be pierced with a needle and the piercer will then either put in a circular barbell, a CBR, a plug, or possibly some other type of barbell/labret stud. After your initial piercing is healed in ~5-6+ months, and you start stretching, you should still not be WEARING tapers for any amount of time. You insert the taper and follow immediately with a plug/BB/CBR/whatever other type of steel/titanium/glass/other fresh stretch safe jewelry material.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any other questions you might have.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by Lemons » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply:D

I dont really want anything that would be fairly noticable so hopefully they would be able to put a plug in. When would I be able to change the initial Jewelry they have put in my ear to something of my choice and once I do get round to changing it would it have to be something metal or could I use something made of silicone or acrylic? my hair only just covers my ears you see and im pretty sure if my head of year saw my piercing I would be in big trouble :P.
Lemons

Return to New To Stretching