Stretching from 2g to a 0g...PROBLEM

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by twizzzieb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:44 am

I bought this taper set from BJS, and it's been working along with some jojoba oil up until tonight. It's been a month since I put my 2g in, and I'm ready for my 0g. But it simply will not go in. It stops at almost halfway. Any opinions/advice? Please?! I want to get to a 00g. then I am done.

& Why should tapers be used on a daily basis?

Thanks!
Last edited by twizzzieb on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
piercings

ears: 0g (goal: 9/16)
septum: 14g / 1 month old (goal: 10g)
lip: 14g / 5 years old

want

ears pierced (again)
sleeve tattoo
side tattoo
twizzzieb

by caadam » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 am

Is your question "Why shouldn't tapers be used on a daily basis" rather than "Why should tapers be used on a daily basis?"

Because using tapers on a daily basis is not a good thing. They are meant to taper the lobes once, and then taken out to be replaced by plugs as soon as the fistulas are stretched.

But addressing your main question, you might want to consider stretching through a different method. Maybe you can try taping, or I know some people will stretch with glass/steel spirals over a number of days. It just depends on what you want to do, and more importantly, what your lobes respond best to. :)

And just remember to take your time with stretching. Yeah, I really look forward to getting to my goal size; I plan out how long it could take me, but honestly, it's up to my ears how long it's going to take. I just have to pay attention to their limits and know when I'm pushing them. If I push too hard, I could injure my lobes.

I suggest that you wait a bit longer. Give it a couple of more months before trying again; maybe they're just not ready to stretch yet. In the meantime, keep massaging and take of those lobes good! ♥
Last edited by caadam on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nose = 18g
Ears = 8g (2mm) (longterm goal: 2g [6-6.5mm])
caadam

by Deano » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 am

[quote="twizzzieb]It's been a month since I put my 2g in, and I'm ready for my 0g. But it simply will not go in. It stops at almost halfway.[/quote]

Only a month since you've been at 2g, and you claim to be ready for 0g, yet you can only get the taper halfway in? OK, this is a guarantee that you are NOT ready for 0g. If you were ready, your taper would not be sticking at the middle. It would go all the way through. Anyway, you need to wait until your ears are ready for 0g, or you can stretch to 1g first, or just use teflon tape.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by JessicaPwnsN00bs » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:32 am

I had the same problem. It only went halfway so I put o-rings on and went to sleep. 24 hours later I was messing with them and I pushed them through. I think they are slightly blown out but it's not that bad and it will heal.
JessicaPwnsN00bs

by StrickyCub » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 am

JessicaPwnsN00bs wrote:I had the same problem. It only went halfway so I put o-rings on and went to sleep. 24 hours later I was messing with them and I pushed them through. I think they are slightly blown out but it's not that bad and it will heal.

I think you should take the "Pwns" out of your name, it would be more fitting.
If your ears blew out, you should downsize and baby your ears until they heal up properly.

Unless you're happy living with blowouts on your ears, that is. Then just disregard me.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by twizzzieb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Deano wrote:[quote="twizzzieb]It's been a month since I put my 2g in, and I'm ready for my 0g. But it simply will not go in. It stops at almost halfway.[/quote]

Only a month since you've been at 2g, and you claim to be ready for 0g, yet you can only get the taper halfway in? OK, this is a guarantee that you are NOT ready for 0g. If you were ready, your taper would not be sticking at the middle. It would go all the way through. Anyway, you need to wait until your ears are ready for 0g, or you can stretch to 1g first, or just use teflon tape.[/quote]

I said that I am ready...not my ears. I'm going to buy some 1g tapers.
piercings

want

ears pierced (again)
sleeve tattoo
side tattoo
twizzzieb

by twizzzieb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:58 pm

caadam wrote:Is your question "Why shouldn't tapers be used on a daily basis" rather than "Why should tapers be used on a daily basis?"

Because using tapers on a daily basis is not a good thing. They are meant to taper the lobes once, and then taken out to be replaced by plugs as soon as the fistulas are stretched.

But addressing your main question, you might want to consider stretching through a different method. Maybe you can try taping, or I know some people will stretch with glass/steel spirals over a number of days. It just depends on what you want to do, and more importantly, what your lobes respond best to. :)

And just remember to take your time with stretching. Yeah, I really look forward to getting to my goal size; I plan out how long it could take me, but honestly, it's up to my ears how long it's going to take. I just have to pay attention to their limits and know when I'm pushing them. If I push too hard, I could injure my lobes.

I suggest that you wait a bit longer. Give it a couple of more months before trying again; maybe they're just not ready to stretch yet. In the meantime, keep massaging and take of those lobes good! ♥

Yes! Sorry, my keyboard is being strange. I spelled "bought" yesterday with the "gh" in it and apparently the keyboard didn't like that too much either. Anyway - I figured this morning that my ears have been at a 2g for a month and a half. I think I'll continue using my jojoba oil, and by some 1g tapers. Or do the taping method... not sure yet. Thanks :)
piercings

want

ears pierced (again)
sleeve tattoo
side tattoo
twizzzieb

by Nic » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm

lol jeeeeeez calm down stretching nazis... I been stretchin for a few years now an i gotta say everyone is different. AN when i first started we didnt have all these *rules*... blowouts arent a deathsentence, its less painful if u stretch slow as fuck. A month is a long time to wait to stretch , i used to only wait 2 weeks at a time. I didnt get a blowout til 3/4(wasnt from tapers). Back to ur question tho, u should just try taping. Its painless, fast, and its fun =D. Just put a wrap of electrical tape every 4-5 days. (blah blah blah i know, the stretching nazis dont approve of electrical tape) i know alot of people who have also used electrical tape without problems so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AND U ABSOLUTELY CAN WEAR TAPERS AS JEWELRY. i promise u, u wont burst into flames for doing so. I wore tapers till 00g.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Okay, just because you know lots of people who did those things with no problems doesn't mean they're perfectly fine to do. I have really sensitive ears and if I did any one of those things my ears would be disgusting. I tore my right ear going from 1G-0G after three months of waiting! And I would rather have nice, pretty, healthy lobes than the gross ones I see on a daily basis. You say you didn't get a blowout until 3/4" like that's impressive... wouldn't you rather have avoided the blowout all together? I mean, if having huge lobes quickly is more important to you than having attractive lobes, that's fine, but don't tell other people to do the same and expect healthy ears.

Anyway, definitely go to 1G. 2-0 is way too big of a jump for most people. It'll be hard finding tapers in that size, but bodyjewelleryshop.com and steelnavel.com should have some fairly inexpensive plugs at that size. I dead-stretched to 1G (meaning no tapers or tape, just putting the plug in) and it was my easiest stretch. You'll also want to wait longer than a month.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by twizzzieb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Sweet! Thanks guys. I'll try the taping first - because I can't afford to keep buying tapers (just yet) I will update you. I want healthy lobes. I started using Jojoba oil on my face, too. lol. I will use electrical tape, for it's all that I have. What do I do about o-rings?
piercings

want

ears pierced (again)
sleeve tattoo
side tattoo
twizzzieb

Next

Return to New To Stretching