Cleaning....?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Brainwashed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 am

So I'm new to stretching :D....
& I was wondering how would I clean my plugs the first time I stretch my ears & after that & do I need to take them out to clean them on a daily basis or do I clean them when they're in my ear??? What do I use to clean?
Just what are some things I need to do to clean my plugs (& ears?)?
Brainwashed

by Cptnmcmeowmeow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 am

Well wait till they are fully healed, but when they are you can take them out in the shower. Jojoba oil really helps keep the smell away, and it's just an amazing product for your ears. Other than that, all you really need to do is rinse whatever jewelry it is you are wearing maybe twice a day and it should stay clean/unsmelly.
Cptnmcmeowmeow

by Brainwashed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:21 am

So I don't need to use any soap or anything?
Brainwashed

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Well, stretching should not cause any open wounds that need healing but if it does, sea salt soaks are the best aftercare. Mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water (it's VERY important not to get it too salty) and soak for 5-10 minutes once or twice per day.

If you stretch correctly and you have no pain or damage to your lobes, wait a couple days and then just start taking them out once a day and rinsing them with whatever soap you have. You can do it in the shower or at the sink. You can also do oil massages with emu oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, naked oil, etc. After you take a shower just massage a few drops of those into your lobes (without plugs in) for a few minutes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Brainwashed » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 am

Alright thanks!
Brainwashed

Return to New To Stretching