Sore ears (haven't even stretched yet)….

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by hiptocode » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:26 am

Try some sterling silver, 24k gold or high quality surgical stainless steel. Nickel is a common allergien, so try to find nickle free earrings. The bell shaped backs are easy to remove, they do not catch on the groove on the end of the post.
hiptocode

by hiptocode » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 am

If you can't get out to get anothe pair or can't afford another wear the gold pair. Gold is an anti-inflammatory. Silver is anti-bacterial. Cheap metal is troublesome. You really could be soar from pushing in the earrings. The only way to know what causes the trouble you are having is trial and error.
hiptocode

by Brainwashed » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:43 am

hiptocode wrote:If you can't get out to get anothe pair or can't afford another wear the gold pair. Gold is an anti-inflammatory. Silver is anti-bacterial. Cheap metal is troublesome. You really could be soar from pushing in the earrings. The only way to know what causes the trouble you are having is trial and error.

I just bought a stretching kit so yeah I don't really want to buy anymore earrings.
True. I did put the earrings a bit tight and then they turned red....So that might of caused and I had to yank the backs to get the earring off.
I'm wearing some gold plated ones and they aren't bothering me. So it may be because I keep putting them on tight and then yanking them out...But I tried my other ones losely and they bug me. Maybe the gold plated doesn't bother me because of the thin layer of gold separating from the actual metal. But it's going to wear off...so well see what caused it.
Brainwashed

by hiptocode » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:18 am

Stick with what works. And try not to fiddle with them, that will just make it worse. Glad you got a stretching kit! :D
Now just to wait. In the meantime find so emu or jojoba oil.
hiptocode

Previous

Return to New To Stretching