So confused

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Britty-kitty » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

I have read around on the forum and I am so confused. I just put in a taper yesterday size 16. This is my first time gauging, I'm 18 and I've been thinking of doing it for 3 years and finally did it. But here's the confusion. I keep reading that you have to take the taper out and get a plug for it but when? I just put it in and when I took it out this morning to just wash my ear with a little warm water and soap the hole looked a little stretched and red. Is that normal? It's not metal, it's like this but size 16: http://www.montanabodyart.com/products/apt8.jpg
Also, it seems kinda sensitive and the worrisome part is, this morning when I was cleaning it, there was just a little spot of blood? Advice and help is so needed.
Britty-kitty

by greendaygal540 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:34 am

This is just coming from experience with friends and their ears, but its preferable to insert plugs during your tapering (as you slide the taper through also slide the plug,tunnel,jewelry through.) If you really feel it's needed you can leave the taper in for maybe an hour or so so that the lobe has a bit of time to get used to the stretch before inserting a plug. If you wore them overnight though theres a good chance that you jarred them around during sleep and maybe made it bleed a little. =S
I have: 2g lobes, 14g right helix
I want: 00g lobes, 2 or 3 more lobe piercings, bridge piercing, tongue, nose, septum, monroe
greendaygal540

by Maddy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 am

The blood is most likely from wearing the tapers. Tapers are just for stretching, you should put a plug in right after getting the taper through. Get some glass or stainless steel plugs to wear until your next stretch
currently 12g
goal size: 00g...maybe bigger :)
Maddy

by caitlinclassof07 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm

I know when I used tapers at smaller sizes it was hard for me to get plugs in directly after i put the taper in, I guess I'm just a fast sweller.. anyways.. you could try buying some concave steel tapers, they have a concave end so the plug fits in there so you'll have no problems getting a plug in. The blood sounds like you tore the inside of your ear... it's from the taper.. they're harsh.. I recommend taping after you get plugs.. use PTFE tape or Bondage tape. if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
**5/8 Lobes**
*14g Septum*
***14g Lip***
**14g Conch**
**16g Tragus**
caitlinclassof07

Return to New To Stretching