Pre-stretched piercing soreness

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by greendaygal540 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am

OK, I've had my regular 18g piercings since I was 11 (4 years)and idrk if they really healed up ever. I would wear earrings everyday in school and they were always kind of sore. Now, I haven't worn earrings for a month or two and just this week put in some earrings so that when stretching I wouldn't be going from an unused piercing to a 14g. Well, they're kinda sore (my right more than my left) and I'm really not sure what to do. What should I do to my piercings to prepare them for stretching?

UPDATE:
I put in some 'sensitive solutions' from claires that had never been worn, and everything's all good! If anything, my left ears being the bitch ear now lol. Might move up to some 16g CBRs from walmart soon (=
Last edited by greendaygal540 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have: 2g lobes, 14g right helix
I want: 00g lobes, 2 or 3 more lobe piercings, bridge piercing, tongue, nose, septum, monroe
greendaygal540

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 am

you might be allergic to the crappy metal in most standard earrings. I know that when i had regular pierced ears as a kid i always had to buy the "sensitive earrings" made from sterling silver or something. look into getting some 18g CBRs, they're much better quality :) you can usually get a pack of 6 or so for $10
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 am

Same here. I had "regular" piercings for a few years as a kid and they never actually healed. Then when I had them done with needles and proper jewelry they healed perfectly!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching