I'm thinking about...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by soundandfury » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Using all steel tapers, is this a bad idea or fair idea? i found a steel taper kit from 16g - 0g for relatively cheap and purchased it and ive had some metal ones before and dug it, but will this be to harsh on my freshly streched ears * each time i would move up it would be a steel taper that is? should i buy a regular acrylic set and then after a month or so switch to the metal?
soundandfury

by ViolentJayne » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 am

the steel is actually much better than the acrylic ...
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 am

As long as you don't wear the tapers long-term. Tapers really should ever be worn as jewelry in any material because they get knocked around too easily and if they're steel they'll be too heavy. Get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs for every size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by soundandfury » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:the steel is actually much better than the acrylic ...

Is that because of the quality of material? Will it be too hard on my newly streched ears is my biggest concern to be honest.
soundandfury

by ViolentJayne » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 pm

soundandfury wrote:
ViolentJayne wrote:the steel is actually much better than the acrylic ...

Is that because of the quality of material? Will it be too hard on my newly streched ears is my biggest concern to be honest.

yeah its the quality , stainless steel can be sterilized better and is actually gonna be smoother , I usually stretch with acrylic and have no probs but some people are allergic , and the fact is acrylic is basically plastic so its porous and therefor could harbor bacteria tho regaurdless of what kind of taper you use you should clean it properly before your stretch and change to a glass or steel plug after dont leave the taper in as jewelry only for a min or so then put the plug in ( acrylic plugs are fine for a healed stretch provided you have no allergy )... so yeah pretty much steel isnt porous and can be cleaned better .. and since you should change right away to the plug you really only need one taper in each size just use it for both ears .. I dont know why so many tapers come in pairs
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by chevymane » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:00 am

i hated stretching with acrylic...i thought it didnt matter until i started reading these forums...so one day i purchased 2 6g tapers one steel one acrylic...i first tried the acrylic taper which jus seem to piss off my lobe than i used the steel and it seriously slid right in no issues...
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

by Colinnn HxC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree that stretching with steel is better than stretchin with acrylics. Once you get the new tapers I'd recommend you wait like a week of two before tapeing up again to a bigger size. Also -- in between the sizes 4g, 2g, 0g - all the way to 7/16" I'd wait like 3 weeks to stretch because blow outs happen so easily while going up those sizes. If I'm not mistaken the stretches have more mm in them at 2g than they did at like 6g. Anyways I'm rambling. Good luck. Also be sure to do it right after a shower when your ears are dry and after you massage them.
Colinnn HxC

Return to New To Stretching