Help with first stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by paradise-child » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:56 am

Okay, so, um hi?
I haven't ever stretched my ears before, so I currently just have regular ear piercings. I'm planning on buying my first tomorrow, and I am so excited. I just need help with what size to get? I'm unsure of the gauge of the post on my regular earrings, and also I'd like to know whether my ears may have naturally stretched slightly, as I had my ears pierced 9 years ago - for my 6th birthday present. Anyway, help please, with getting started etc.? Thanks :)
paradise-child

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Welcome to the forum and the world of stretching. :)
Stretching should be done one size at a time, even at the very beginning; your lobes are probably at 20G now, so you should start with 18G. If you wear earrings every day, especially heavy or dangly ones, your holes have probably stretched a little so you could try 16G. Just make sure you're not forcing anything and you're not having any pain. Stretching should never be painful.

After you've done your first stretch, go up one size at a time every 6-8 weeks or until you can put the next size in with no pain/little resistance. It also helps to massage your lobes daily with some type of oil after your stretch has settled for a few days to a week.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching