Completely New.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Mountains » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I don't even have my ears pierced yet but I'm going to get them pierced soon. I was wondering if getting pierced at 16g or even 14g is alright or should I stick to 18g? Also, I found something that said from your piercing to your first stretch you should wait 4-6 months. Is that true? Another thing is, are there any other forums that give good advice, "Nazi-like" or not?
Thanks! :D
Mountains

by ast.riske » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:36 am

First, your initial piercing size is completely up to you and your preference. It you like the look of larger gauge jewelry to larger. If you want to wear standard studs, go 18g. I was pierced at 10g and i believe Lindsay (also on this forum) was pierced at 8g.

After you are pierced, you can typically change jewelry after about 2 months. You should definitely wait 4-6 months before stretching to ensure your ears are completely healed and have begun remodeling, which means your ears will have developed skin in the fistula which is strong like the skin elsewhere on your body. This stronger skin will stand up to the rigors of stretching better, tear less and scar less.

As far as other forums, there are several. I am usually here and on bodyartforms. Other people here frequent other boards as well.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:56 pm

If you are sure you want to stretch them I'd actually suggest getting pierced at a larger size like ast.riske explained. You do need to wait about six months after the initial piercing to do your first stretch, but if you're pierced at a larger size the waiting will cancel out because you won't have to worry about tiny sizes. I was pierced at 10G and I'm really glad I was!

Also, just a piece of advice: if you get pierced at a larger size, try to get them to put plugs or barbells in instead of rings if they have them. My piercer only had rings and they wouldn't heal at all until I changed them to plugs.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Mountains » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks guys! It sounds like I'll be getiing pierced with 10/12 gauge needle. :lol:
Mountains

Return to New To Stretching