A few questions

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EasternTiger » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 am

first of all, what do you all suggest I use for cleaning my ears? Iv read a lot of different things, and I really just want to know whats the best thing to use.

second It sounds silly but after 00 I have a hard time figuring out how things are sized? originally I was only going to that size, but I never realized how little that really was xD. Now I don't really have a goal in mind, I guess Ill just stop when I like the size or find a piece of jewelery that i fall in love with.

also OUCH! up until now I haven't had a problem with crusties, I'm only at a 12 after all, but last night my right ear hurt super bad, I was afraid it might have gotten infected, turns out there was like a tiny little fleck of stuff wedged in there, as soon as i got that out everything felt fine, haha its amazing how much a tiny little thing like that can do.
8/00
EasternTiger

by KAISERROLLS » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Okay so I have found that when it comes to cleaning them this works best. Just take them out in the shower and massage them. You will probably need to taper them back in (just because the skin will relax so much, it wont hurt, or shouldn't, i promise). As for the jewelry just a mild soap and water or anything antibacterial.

Your second question is an easy one. So theres 20g-000g technically in gauge sizes, but any of those sizes can be measured in either millimeters or sixteenths of an inch depending on where you live.

And sadly number three there is no cure for the crusties I've found, just clean them a lot, and dont stretch too fast, all the fresh stretches and the original piercing is where you are going to be the most likely to get them.

And if you want another tip. When you do taper them in put whatever oil you're using all over the taper and plug. It will reduce the risk of scaring and act like lube to get it in.

Happy stretching :)
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by EasternTiger » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 pm

HA yes the crusties were one of the things I expected before I even started xD, I just never realized what a literal "Pain" they could be haha.

Thanks for the tips, thats pretty much what iv been doing anyway as far as washing, but what is this i hear about people using salt? for some reason I cant find an actual explanation to this and what exactly they mean by "salt" lol
8/00
EasternTiger

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 pm

When people say salt they mean sea salt soaks. A great way to help with healing piercings (and draw out lymph) is to soak your piercings in a solution of no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water. It's very important that it's not too salty, though. Ideally it should match the salt content that's already in your body. Salt is already in the body so it's a lot better for piercings than things with chemicals like soap, peroxide, alcohol, etc. that will kill healthy cells.

That being said, stretching your ears should really never cause any open wounds that need healing. If it hurts and they produce a lot of lymph, you're probably going too fast and downsizing will do more than just cleaning it.

If your lobes are nice and healed, the best thing to do is just take them out in the shower or at the sink and just clean your plugs and ears with a mild soap and water.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EasternTiger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 am

ahh thank so much! that makes a lot more sense now xD
yeaa im going super slow rofl, mainly because it takes so long for me to find jewlery in my area so i have to wait for it in the mail, but not destroying my ears is a big one to haha :p
8/00
EasternTiger

Return to New To Stretching