Stretching with silicon tunnels?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Juulian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:11 am

Is stretching with silicon tunnels a good idea? I watched some YouTube videos and they seem pretty easy I mean it stretches your ear for you without having to shove a tunnel in for example? What are you opinions on it?
Juulian

by leighmarie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 am

Noooo, don't do it!

Using silicone to stretch is never a good idea! Even Wikipedia has a section on Silicone Stretching:

Silicone Plugs — These plugs are soft and malleable, allowing a relatively large plug to be inserted into the fistula. Once folded and inserted into the ear, they expand, stretching the earlobe. However, stretching with silicone is often a dangerous decision. Its not recommended to use silicone plugs to stretch with, due to the tacky surface.[2] The stretched fistula can adhere to the silicone, and silicone is airtight, which can trap infection and cause it to spread internally. Also silicone will expand and contract in temperature change. In heat they can swell which can potentially blow out a newly stretched fistula.

And what do you mean by "shove a tunnel in"? That sounds a bit aggressive. :/
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by brutalSKITTLES » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 am

Silicone is bad for fresh stretches, it can react badly and stick to the inside of your lobe, so streching with silicone is a realy bad idea. I would recomend tapeing insted.
brutalSKITTLES

by brutalSKITTLES » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 am

&'shoving a tunnel in' is dead guaging? i think.
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 am

I wouldn't recommend that either!

Either a well lubed taper or tapeing.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Silicone is TERRIBLE for stretching and for new stretches!

Silicone jewelry even has warning labels on them to warm users AGAINST stretching with them.

I would use glass or metal for stretching.
~Narci~
Narci

by xFLAPJACKx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:04 am

I bought a set of silicon plugs to go from 4-2g and that was one of the worst ideas ever, my ear was completley covered in blowout (Blood & Puss) and I CONSTANTLY Found myself swabbing at the edges to clean up nasty shit flowing from my ears 24/7 i will never use silicon again to stretch, i will however like to get a kaos ear skin bs those are some badass gauges
xFLAPJACKx

by Hardware » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:23 am

Silicon should not be used for stretching, but I love Kaos in my healed earlobes.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Uraniumhobo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:28 am

kos is amazing expessially in my nostrils, lets me mash my face into my pillow once again lol
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by Hardware » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:32 am

Uraniumhobo wrote:kos is amazing expessially in my nostrils, lets me mash my face into my pillow once again lol

Heehee, I remember it felt awesome on my ears, I couldn't imagine how great that must have felt with your nostrils! :)
Have you used Kaos in your helix piercings? I only have a 6G in my helix and I would love it if I could wear a chaos piece in there. I was just wondering if they are resilient enough to keep cartilage open.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Next

Return to New To Stretching