How long is best to waite?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by amanda86 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 pm

HI all im new to stretching, I have got a 2.5mm in both ears at the moment and metal tunnel's. Should i Waite 4-5 weeks before going up to 3.2mm? I have been fast at healing when i got my other piercings and tattoo's done. I know this is different and i don't want to mess it up. cheers :)
Lobes
10mm lobes first hole left and right

5mm lobes second and third holes

Plus other piercings

lip
nose
navel
Cartilage upper left

Tattoo:

left upper are
right upper arm
amanda86

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 pm

6-8 weeks is a good guideline but some people might actually need longer. I know I've had to wait longer between most sizes. Stretches don't really need to "heal" like piercings and tattoos because they're not open wounds (if done correctly). They just need time to loosen up so you can put in the next size without pain or resistance.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Most everyone will tell you 6 to 8 weeks.. I do agree.. that is an excellent time line. But i stretch one size every 5 weeks and it works out great for me with no problems thus far! Except when i tried stretching with PTFE tape at only 8g it griped my skin and got a tiny tear. But using my Concave tapers every 5 weeks has worked flawlessly for me. If i waited longer would it be even better? Of course but i don't have patience so 5 weeks is plenty for me and my lobes. But it does not mean that 5 weeks will be enough for every one alot of people need longer! but i for sure wouldn't stretch any sooner then that!
DarkCustom13

by amanda86 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:08 am

Thank's guys for your reply's. Right i will Waite 5-6 weeks and give it a try. I had no problems putting the 2.5mm taper in, a body ring was already 2mm lol. But was advised not to jump straight for a 3.5mm was this right?
Lobes
10mm lobes first hole left and right

5mm lobes second and third holes

Plus other piercings

lip
nose
navel
Cartilage upper left

Tattoo:

left upper are
right upper arm
amanda86

by ViolentJayne » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:05 pm

yeah you should not skip sizes even the small ones . they set a good foundation for the bigger stretches .. and a 1 mm jump is big no matter what size you are at
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to New To Stretching