New to stretching. What is normal?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by PoppyV » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:53 am

Sorry to bug everyone again, but is it okay to use tcp to clean my ears? -diluted- just until I can get some more salt?
PoppyV

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm not sure what that is, but to be honest if you stretch properly you shouldn't have to "clean" them like a fresh piercing since there will be no open wounds. If you have an open wound though, sea salt soaks are the best. Or just leave them alone and spray them with hot water in the shower.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am

Yeah, I google searched tcp and couldn't find anything relating to a cleanser... what is it? I would stick with sea salt or anti-bacterial (Dial) soap. Sea salt is (obviously) organic so there's nothing in there that could hurt the body. Unless you are making too strong of a mixture, then they will get irritated.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by PoppyV » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:50 pm

It's basically liquid antiseptic. Fights against infection, and can be used for sore throats, cuts, grazes, stings, new peircings, spots, infected cuts/blisters ect.
PoppyV

by Hardware » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 am

If you are diluting it, it should be okay to use... it sounds like it could be harsh otherwise.
Sorry I have been away for a while. Got bit by a black widow so I have been on a lot of muscle and pain medication.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 pm

It sounds a lot like Bactine, and the company even tells you not to use it on piercings, so I'd say no. Piercings heal a lot differently than cuts and stuff like that.
Anyway, for me, piercing aftercare has always been more about promoting faster healing than "cleaning" or fighting infection. Infections are pretty rare in piercings (most people mistake irritation for infection) and killing bad bacteria can kill good bacteria as well. So the best thing to do are sea salt soaks in my opinion.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:18 am

Holy crap.... Okay, so if any of my posts from here on out end with "I have been on a lot of pain medication" please ignore whatever the hell I have said! I don't remember posting that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardware

Previous

Return to New To Stretching