Gradual stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by sharlibird » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

So when I first started stretching my ears I was able to go up a size every four or five weeks. Once I got to an 8G I couldn't get the taper through at all. so I waited a week and tried again, twice. eventually I gave up and since then I've been using spiral tapers to gradually stretch them over a week or so. I'm stretching them to a 4 now and they seem to be doing fine but I just want to make sure I'm not going to ruin my shit. Anyone else have this same experience? If so, were you able to continue stretching them this way without any complications?
sharlibird

by PLUG+STRETCH » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 am

Hi sharlibird,

Don't worry too much about not being able to stretch as fast as you did before. 4 - 5 weeks is a rather short amount of time to wait between stretches, but it's also not uncommon for people to stretch faster. Everyone is different, but the normal time frame would be 2 months or more for certain people.

Ear stretching takes a lot of patience to do properly. So remember to not rush it.

As for the spiral tapers that you are currently using...I wouldn't advice you wearing them all day or to sleep as you're risking your ears ripping by the spirals getting caught on something. Tapers are always only used as a stretching device, and should never be worn as a jewelry piece. The common spiral ear hangers are fashion pieces that are not worn extensively, or shouldn't be for exactly the same reason of risking your ears ripping.

Hope this helps!
PLUG+STRETCH

Return to New To Stretching