Pain after stretching for the first time

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by shellz222 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:42 am

Hey guys!

So i impulsively decided to stretch my ears on Saturday night (early Sunday morning) i've had my ears pierced for about 15 years and wear quite heavy earrings so my lobes are a bit droopy and the holes kind of stretched.. my friends had a kit of different gauges that he didnt need... i hadn't done any research before deciding to stretch so i put in a 2mm taper which to my understanding is a 12 gauge?
There was basically no pain, it burnt a little but that died down quite fast.

Yesterday I started to feel quite a bit of pain in my left one, the right one is ok a little sore and swollen but bearable, the left one is throbbing and swollen and it hurts to move it :|

Now i've done some research i understand i may have needed to start with something smaller but i really had no issues putting the 12 gauge in...

Is this pain normal? Is there anything i should be doing other than a saline solution to prevent infections etc.

Thank you!! :)
shellz222

by Zorongirl606 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Hey guys!

So i impulsively decided to stretch my ears on Saturday night (early Sunday morning) i've had my ears pierced for about 15 years and wear quite heavy earrings so my lobes are a bit droopy and the holes kind of stretched.. my friends had a kit of different gauges that he didnt need... i hadn't done any research before deciding to stretch so i put in a 2mm taper which to my understanding is a 12 gauge?
There was basically no pain, it burnt a little but that died down quite fast.

Yesterday I started to feel quite a bit of pain in my left one, the right one is ok a little sore and swollen but bearable, the left one is throbbing and swollen and it hurts to move it :|

Now i've done some research i understand i may have needed to start with something smaller but i really had no issues putting the 12 gauge in...

Is this pain normal? Is there anything i should be doing other than a saline solution to prevent infections etc.

Thank you!! :)

The pain is not normal. There really shoudn't be any burning when you put the jewelry in. Most people think this is okay, since ear stretching has become so popular the internet is full of improper instructions and advice. At the most your ears should've felt warm. If you notice any pain when putting in the taper, your ear is not ready. I suggest not downsizing, since the damage has already been done and your ears are inflamed (you don't want to be moving the jewelry around at all for at least a week after putting it in), instead put vitamin E oil on them daily with the plugs in. When the pain is gone, massage your ears without the plugs daily to promote healing. Next time, lubricate the jewelry with the oil before putting it in if you did not, and if your ears are hurting, STOP and WAIT! Everyone is ready to move up at different times. Best of luck to you:)
Zorongirl606

Return to New To Stretching