New to stretching, need some help :)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by twist3dl0v3 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm

hello there, im looking into stretching my ears. i got my ears pierced with a gun when i was 6 months old and im now 18. i was wondering what size my ears are right now and what size i should start out with? whats the best jewlery to stretch with tapers, pincers etc.? what material should it be made out of metal, glass, etc.?

all input is greatly appreciated. thank you!
twist3dl0v3

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 am

"Normal" earrings are usually a 20G, or even smaller. But if you've had them pierced since you were a baby they've probably stretched a bit over time. I'd recommend trying 16G first. You could TRY 14G but don't force it, especially if there's any pain. Remember that stretching should never hurt, and if it does it should be nothing more than a slight sting.
You may be able to stretch without tapers to 16G since tapers aren't too common in that size; just try to put in a labret stud or something after a shower and with lots of lube/oil. At 14G and above, I'd recommend tapers. Don't wear them as jewelry though, just buy one for every size and use it as a tool to stretch, then put in a plug after it. Wait 6+ weeks between every size, and try doing some oil massages to keep your ears stretchy and free of scar tissue. The best materials are titanium and glass, but steel is fine too. Acrylics aren't terrible but I wouldn't recommend them for a brand new stretch. It's okay to use an acrylic taper since it won't be in your ear for that long, though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by twist3dl0v3 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:55 am

i bought just a regular hoop earing that is 16g and it went in no problem. i'm still gonna keep it in for like 3-6 weeks till i move onto the next gauge. I also got a 14g hoop earing as well but they arn't tapers so does that matter? after 14g i was gonna start buying pincers.
twist3dl0v3

Return to New To Stretching