help

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by crack ho fo sho » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:46 am

so im at 6g and my piercer told me to start taping. i just got some electrical tape and wrapped a layer around my tunnel, but the lil black donut band thingy that holds it in was really difficult to get on. im gonna keep taping so im wondering if theres a larger lil black ring to keep my tunnel from falling out or what??
crack ho fo sho

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 am

Don't use electrical tape! It has adhesive on it that can really irritate your ears. If you're going to tape, use plumber's tape or bondage tape. You don't have to use tape, though; unless you're having a hard time with tapers it's perfectly fine to use those instead. Piercers aren't always experts on stretching so be careful!
To answer your question, usually o-rings don't have to be worn with tape. The taped plug should stay in by itself.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Gutterflower » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 am

You shouldn't have problems with using tapers at sizes smaller than 0g because the jumps aren't ginormous. Unfortunately I've met a lot of piercing "artists" that have no idea what they're doing. :\
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by crack ho fo sho » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm

now that i think about it, i dont think the tape i grabbed is electrical tape. its green.. im using it regardless as it hasnt irritated my ears thus far. my piercer knows what shes doing, but thanks for answering the question :mrgreen:
crack ho fo sho

by crack ho fo sho » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 am

is it supposed to hurt to put the tunnels back in once theyve been taped? its not a lot of pain and im assuming it isnt a big deal, but i just want to make sure
crack ho fo sho

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 am

Sorry but why are you taping? You're at smaller sizes you can easily just go buy all the tapers you need til upto 10mm off ebay and stretch without tape. Tape is really only for bigger sizes. You keep asking all these questions and you're completely ignoring anyones advice. Why did you're piercer tell you you should start taping?
HiMyNameIsMegan

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:35 am

At the very minimum I would have thought they'd tell you to come in and let THEM stretch for you and charge you for it. It's totally beyond me why they would tell you to tape at such a small gauge. I didn't even touch the tape till I wanted to get to 3/4. I used tapers all the way up to 5/8" with no problem at all. Like people have been sayin, use your tapers just to stretch the hole, then get a plug in after.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by crack ho fo sho » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 am

i told her i thought it was unusual to start taping at this small a gauge and she reassured me that she tells all who come into her shop that they can start taping at ten gauge. no offense to any of you, but im going to take the word of a professional piercer with a degree who works in an acclaimed piercing/tattoo shop over that of some people on the internet. plus, im too stingy to spend 90000000 dollars on tapers. just wanted a second opinion. aphex twin is sweet btw.
crack ho fo sho

by Foreverxvi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 am

people can start taping at any size really..I didn't start until I was at 7/16 but anyways, I dont use the rubber o's anymore, i just leave my plugs in, they dont come out :p
Foreverxvi

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:11 am

No offense, but if her opinion is worth so much then why bother with the second opinion, especially if you thought we may offer different opinions from your piercer. Just because you've got a "degree" in something doesn't mean your an expert at it. Sure, taping will get the job done and it's cheaper, but it's not the safest way of doin things. As for paying $90000000 on tapers...they're really not that expensive. You can buy a pair of steel 4g tapers at http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 7&index=17 for $8, but if you're not planning on wearing em as jewelry you can buy just one for $4. The price goes up a dollar once you hit 2g and 0g. Better yet, if you're planning on stretching for a while and don't wanna spend much money go with this http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 7&index=17 It's a steel taper/plug pack. 4g costs you $8, 2g and 0g cost you $9. All I'm sayin is you piercer knows what they're sayin, sure, but it's not like we don't either. We've all gone through the process and know what we're talking about...it's not rocket science, trust me. You don't need a degree in it to know what you're talking about.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

Next

Return to New To Stretching